Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Comments

• How did you fix this problem....

• Muplor
    Muplor Posts: 4

Read the forum posts and it tells you a variety of fixes

• How do you make sure the password is the same?  Do you click on your name at the top and choose "edit profile"?  I don't see any password reset either to make sure both passwords, on my screen and online at teamveiwer.com are the same?

• Muplor

If you are using the Host Only download:

Whatever you set the password on your remote end PC to intitially when running the setup program Just use that when connecting for Teamviewer from your PC

If you are using Teamviewe full on the host and on your remote PC, then you need to setup "unattended Access" and again use the same password on both ends. 

If you cant rememer the password, uninstall on the remote machine and start from scratch.

• Hello,

I need help.. I am not sure what you mean by RDP?  I'm not using a TV.  I'm trying to log on to another computer outside my home.  Where do I find the "Team Viewer Host Options".  Are you saying its under Extra Menu, Options?  Do I need to reset my passwords under the Computers and Contacts Tab?  I am so confused... I'm a single mother and really rely on this to work and I have had several problems since I have been using it.  If you can help me, I would appreciate it.  I am not very technical but I can follow directions on my own.. I did try to reset my password but it is asking me to enter my new password which I did but then it wants my old one which it is not accepting.  Ughhhh

• Muplor

It sounds like the password you need resetting is the password on the PC you want to connect to.

This is not the password that you use to login to Teamviewer and access PCS but a different password that you set when you first made the "link" to the remote PC.

if you cannot remember the password to connect to the remote PC that you used to use, your best bet is to physically get on to that PC (Or get a friend in the building to do it, or RDP (remote desktop in to the PC using the windows software).

You will then need to remove the software on that remote PC and reinstall it and in the process set up a new password. With this new password you will then enter that in on your PC at home and your remote link should be back in action.

• YszLH
    YszLH Posts: 3 ✭✭

To Scotty. At end of your recent answer you wrote :::
    "To overcome this, open "About TeamViewer" and connect with the Server ID. This_will take you to the login page <etc.>."

» What TeamViewer flavour does this pertain to ? On_my free license v12.0.78313, all that "About TeamViewer" states is :::

Version: 12.0.78313
    Date: May 23 2017 13:21:44
    TeamViewer ID:
    License: Free
    Copyright © 2005-2016 TeamViewer GmbH

How for heaven's sake will any of that take anybody to a login page ??
    Many thanks for any clarification.

• dgitter
    dgitter Posts: 1

Interesting observation.   When I am hung withthe display params message, if I make an RDP connection, TV suddenly completes it;s connection.  I can then drop RDP and TV stays connected.  Really weird.

• @Shayne wrote:

@kratjuh wrote:

I had the same issue. Both machines Version 12 and Windows 10 Pro, stuck in Initializing display parameters.

I was able to work around it: In TV client go to Settings -> Remote control -> disabled "Remove External Background" and selected "Optimal Quality" under quality. Then I connected and it worked again. Rebooted the machine to be sure.

Note: I use a Dutch version so the translation may be different in your TV.

This solution worked for me as well.  Thank you so much!

This worked for me as well. I don't get why this would happen though. it was fine and then all of a sudden the next login got stuck.

• amster
    amster Posts: 3

Yes this is the answer for me, i.e. change the resolutions settings to something defined in advanced at the remote computer:

Remote resolution, Scaling, Initial screen, Quality, Authentication Mode, Remote input to:

1920x1080 (for me), 100%, 1, automatic, Windows authentication, Enable remote input

BOOM

• amster

Ok no really, I have a workaround. This is stupid but it works.

So when you install on a remote virtual server, teamviewer doesn't do your standard install like it does on your home PC. If on your remote server, you go to about- you will in fact notice TWO team viewer ID's.

One is:

Teamviewer UserID

other is

Teamviewer ServerID

The UserID is for the session that you logged in to when you installed the program.
    The ServerID is for the logon page of the server.

the workaround is, add remote connections to both.

Connect first to the serverID so you see the windows login. Then connect again to the same computer, but the UserID and it will take you straight into the machine...

I KNOW, mental :(

• amster

please ignore me, it doesn't work. I wish I could delete the posts. The explanation on the server and the user ID still stands as per others.

• Nuhoglu
    Nuhoglu Posts: 1

Hello

Today immeditaly I have the same problem after a few log in and log out due to my internet connection and now my screen is stuck to initializing display parameters message. Is there a way to solve this problem from my remote computer?

Thank you

• doomy
    doomy Posts: 2

I will share what fixed the issue for me - I'm using TW in a non-english language so the labels might not be completely accurate, but hopefully it can still help.

in the My Computers section right click on the computer you are trying to connect to, then in the upper right corner of the popup click the settings icon, then select  Properties. In the dialog that appears, click Advanced settings. Change the first select field Remote desktop resolution to value Do not change. Then click OK.

this just fixed the problem for me

• I find opening a second connection usually solves the problem. It will prompt to say there is already a connection open, but just carry on anyway. It's a pain, and needs sorting Teamviewer !

• @reverseswing wrote:

@Shayne wrote:

@kratjuh wrote:

I had the same issue. Both machines Version 12 and Windows 10 Pro, stuck in Initializing display parameters.

I was able to work around it: In TV client go to Settings -> Remote control -> disabled "Remove External Background" and selected "Optimal Quality" under quality. Then I connected and it worked again. Rebooted the machine to be sure.

Note: I use a Dutch version so the translation may be different in your TV.

This solution worked for me as well.  Thank you so much!

This worked for me as well. I don't get why this would happen though. it was fine and then all of a sudden the next login got stuck.

This worked for me also...TV after weeks of reliable service just out of the blue started failing to connect with " initializing display parameters"

• so5719
    so5719 Posts: 2

Update and solution

My connection from work to the headless Mac Mini was to a resolution not supported by my Mac Mini / TV SET even if turned off. So after i changed the resolution to a compatible resolution everything worked fine and still works

Hope it's helpful

• GW1
    GW1 Posts: 1

Since I upgraded to Version 12.081460 I have the same problem. Any fix available?

• I have the same issue with V12.0.8140.

Please fix.

• duane
    duane Posts: 7 ✭✭

This seems to happen pretty consistently to me when my PC is rebooted.  I can no longer connect to it with TV until I log on to the PC the first time.   This seems to happen whether I'm trying to connect using TV on another PC or with the IOS app.

For a test I rebooted the PC and tried to connect with my iPad.  It hung until I logged on to the pc. Then it connected.  After that it works until a reboot.  

Using current version of TV on ASUS pc running Windows 10 pro with current updates  

• hi all,

I had this problem alot. In my case I was connecting to a machine but like most here it would hang at initialise display parameters. 

Both machines are Windows 10.

In my case the problem was the machine I was connecting to already had an RDP session established to it. Once I closed the RDP session to the machine, team viewer connected perfectly.

• cbusylol
    cbusylol Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

This has started happening to me once I've upgraded work laptops, from a consumer range i5 Win 10 Home to a i7 Win Pro.

In my experience it will crash when attempting to use the Window login screen on the remote laptop and will not allow me to reconnect (stuck on initializing video adapter). Sometimes I can get in, but explorer.exe will stop working soon into the session. If I disconnect then it requires a reboot of the remote system altogether (which I have to do through a different, better remote management suite that I subscribe to)

I use the same monitors, same USB dock, as I did the previous system. The difference between the two is the older system had a primary display on the laptop of 1366x768 and two 1920x1080 screens, and the new laptop is all three displays at 1920x1080.

This would be funny if these services like TV haven't become so laughably expensive. All of them have skyrocketed in subscription costs and there are more issues than ever (not to mention the features get chopped year after year unless you pay more for restructured packages). This goes for **Third Party Product** too, not just TV.

• paulp
    paulp Posts: 1

This problem has been on the list for ages without any definitive slution. What totally amazes me is the virtual silence from TV staff.  I used to think that German SW was really superior but no more.  Where are you TV? 

• kqfflo
    kqfflo Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

I've faced this many times as well. In case you do not need to blank the targets screen I use this workaround:

• Simply do not install the TeamViewer Display Driver

In case you see this or a similar screen asking for the installation of this driver you can prevent this issue by hitting [X] instead of using the buttons. See screenshot below (I know it's in German :smileywink: )kqf_close_driver_notification.png

Please keep in mind, that you may not be able to use all the "benefits" the driver offers.

Cheers,
    Florian

• I was getting a hang at "initializing display parameters". I had previously been using Windows Remote Desktop on this machine and it had no monitor attached to it. Once I hooked up a monitor, TeamViewer connected properly. Then I disconnected the monitor, tried again and it again connected properly.

• the new version 12.0.83369 fix this problem... :)

• GeeZed
    GeeZed Posts: 4 ✭✭

No, this problem started for me on version 12.0.83369.

The problem O.S. is SBS 2008

• This problem keeps occuring to my server as well.

• GeeZed
    GeeZed Posts: 4 ✭✭

My problem was a weird one, which is fixed now.  I will explain what happened to me and what I did to fix it.

I reboot the server one evening and after the reboot the server didn't come back online in my TeamViewer computer list.  So I remoted in to the server using RDP and everything looked fine except the TeamViewer ID for the server had changed. Strange! 

I updated the TeamViewer ID for this server in my computer list and then tried to remote in to the server again with TeamVeiwer, but this is when I saw the "initializing display parameters" hang for the first time.

I then uninstalled TeamVeiwer from the server, making sure to tick the box saying "Remove Settings". This removes most of the Registry Entries. 

I also deleted the TeamViewer appdata folders at these locations:
    C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\TeamViewer
    C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

Finally I reinstalled TeamViewer.  This time the Server received its old orginal ID number!  Very weird.  Once it had its orginal ID everything went back to normal - No "initializing display parameters" problem.

I hope this helps someone

• FIXED THE ISSUE

The issue I have with Version 12 is when I try to reconnect to my computer after closing out a session, the program hangs up and doesn't connect.  I never had this issue until I upgraded to Version 12.  I uninstalled Version on all of my computers and installed Version 11.  This has solved my issue and no more problems.