The maximum number of your concurrent teamviewer sessions has been reached. Please wait until other sessions are closed or expand the number of your session channels.
I have several questions regarding this message because we've been getting them more frequently and they don't appear to be accurate. We have to go around and check who might be in a session and how many. We close out of sessions thinking that will solve it and it doesn't and there aren't many sessions to begin with.
Thanks for your help.
how can best solve the above problems ro to log out all machine that start new session
- What is the "maximum number of concurrent sessions?
- Why does this message block users and popup when only one user is in a single session?
- If it takes time to "clear" sessions after they are closed, how long does it take?
- Is there any method of checking how many sessions are active and force logging user off?
I am trying to answer your questions:
For further information please check out this Knowledge Base article What does the message Session limit reached mean?
If you need to reserve a channel for a specific team or person, I recommend to create Channel Group.
All the best, Esther
Thank you for responding, but the answers don't seem to address the issues we are having.
1. We have several Teamviewer License - Coprorate (3 Channels) and we have 3 people using each license. However, we continue to get these messages, even when we know at least one of the three users isn't even connected to anything.
2. As mentioned, when we try to have everyone on a license sign off, we continue to get the message and it's some time before we can reconnect to anything. We've tried closing connections as well as completely exiting Teamviewer and are unable to get reconnected to anything for some time.
Thank you for your reply.
1. + 2. In this case, I recommend you to call our Customer Satisfaction team to check your license activations. Maybe there are some old activations which needs to be removed. Unfortunately, there are some cases which can´t be resolved in and by the community.
I am sorry, that I couldn´t be of more help.
Please keep in mind, that our office in Florida is still closed due to Hurricane Irma and we are working hard on covering the service from our other offices in Germany and Australia. This might result in a reduced availability of our Sales and Support departments. Just try it again, if you do not get through right away.
Thank you for your understanding,
No problem, we are also in SoFL and trying to recover so I wasn't planning to contact them immediately. Will do it sometime in the future. Thanks again!
I'm having the same problem!
We are just 2 users with 1 channel, and sometimes none of us is using it but still gettting the message "the maximum number of your concurrent teamviewer session has been reached..." today is sunday so your office is not open but we need to connect to a costumer server that works 24/7 and there is a big problem without anyone in your company to help us....... This is not the first time we are having this problem and you should really make happen that your software engineers review this bug in your system or at least leave an option for the administrator to clear the open sessions.
Thanks for your message.
Did you check who was using the channel by clicking in your TeamViewer on Help --> About TeamViewer --> channel use? Here you can see the ID how started the session and the session start time. Maybe the person on this device was working or forgot to close the session?
You can make the setting on your devices to close inactive sessions after a specific time. This will resolve issues with "forgotten" session.
You can find the setting in the TeamViewer Options: Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Click Show advanced options --> Under Advanced settings for connection to other computers --> Timing out inactive session: Make you preferred setting.
As the company administrator of your company profile you can also see if there are additional people licensed with your Premium license in the Management Console. Maybe there is a third person using your license.
I hope this info helps.
All the best, Esther
"4.) You can check the actual channel use by clicking in your TeamViewer on Help --> About TeamViewer --> channel use. Here you can see the ID how started the session and the session start time. At the moment it is not possible to force the user to log off systemwise. You´ll have to contact your colleague and ask him to end the session."
How do I know what user this is by looking the ID? Our developement and support team use this a 3 user license account.
This forces me to walk to each person in the company and ask them like an **bleep** if they are currently connected, and if they would please log off for somebody else to use a session.
I recommend to save all your colleagues as "Contacts" in your computers & Contacts list. So - you can just type in the ID in the Search field on top of your Computers & contacts list and it will present you the person which is currently using the ID.
Thanks and best,
I've again and again this problem
- I've a Business license, just use in my destop PC
- Yes, I've checked AboutTeamViewer -> Channel Usage is EMPTY
- Yes, still I've error "The Maximum number of your concurrent TeamViewer Sessions has been reached"
- Yes, I'm very very tired to get every day this error
- Yes, if I get not fix it, I will look for a teamviewer alternative