UAC Prompt Locks Mouse and Keyboard

JedenTag
JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

I was working on a remote Windows 10 computer and was prompted by UAC. This was expected and I have credentials. However, I was not able to use my mouse or keyboard.

• Can't enter credentials.
  • Can't close UAC prompt.
  • Can't send Crtl + Alt + Del
  • Can't interact at all.
  • Closing session and reconnecting doesn't clear the issue.

Is there an option to disable this behavior?

Remote Interaction Locked When Prompted by UACRemote Interaction Locked When Prompted by UAC

Comments

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

The remote user is not a local administrator. If Teamviewer is running as administrator, the UAC prompt will not lock interaction. This appears to be Windows permissions rather than Teamviewer options.

Most of the clients I connect to do not have admin rights and TeamViewer starts automatically. I don't remember having this problem before.

Windows 10 Pro 1607 Build 14393.1480

TeamViewer 12.0.81460 H

• Having the same issue. When trying to install a software via TV as admin my credential cannot be entered into the prompt (Win7). It is the same behavior with Skype after taking the desktop control. My partner can use the keyboard, but it makes no sense sharing the password with him...

Anyone an idea how to solve it?

• LawIT
    LawIT Posts: 1

Is this problem fixed somehow? We fight with the same.

@JedenTag wrote:

I was working on a remote Windows 10 computer and was prompted by UAC. This was expected and I have credentials. However, I was not able to use my mouse or keyboard.

• Can't enter credentials.
    • Can't close UAC prompt.
    • Can't send Crtl + Alt + Del
    • Can't interact at all.
    • Closing session and reconnecting doesn't clear the issue.

Is there an option to disable this behavior?

Remote Interaction Locked When Prompted by UACRemote Interaction Locked When Prompted by UAC

• aspaiva
    aspaiva Posts: 1

I've sent the admin and password of the admin account to the user to type for me, and then the cmd shell window was still frozen for me. I asked the remote user to logoff and login with my administrator credentials, and started the remote session again. This solved my problem to install the software in the client, but it was a completely non-compliant with information security principles, and, of course, I had to change the admin password right after the job done. Imagine if I have to repeat this process for each user I need to help?

• RamonC
    RamonC Posts: 1

same issue here, the admin password is something we cannot release to end users so is there a way to fix this ?