Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Unable To Disable 2fa even with the Recovery code

Hello, I am Unable to change my password since it asks for a security code.

The only thing that i rely on is the Recovery code printed. I dont recall the password and i dont have the security code asked. It doesnt let me change the password and even it doesnt let me turn off 2fa with the saved code.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Unable To Disable 2fa even with the Recovery code

Hello @cramiro

Thank you for your information.

I could reproduce the situation you are in at the moment.

There are two options you can follow to get you started again:

If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
  • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

I hope this could help.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
12 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @cramiro

Thank you for your message. ✌

Can you please click on the following link and sign in with your TeamViewer credentials?

https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#deactivate-tfa

You will be asked for the recovery code and may enter it.

The TFA is deactivated afterwards. To make the changes apply, it may be necessary to sign out and in again.

Hope this could help and wish you a great day. 🍀

All the best,

Jean

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks For the suggestion but i can´t login this way, because i lost my password, but i do have the recovery Code. There is no way someone could put just the recovery code and username.

Highlighted

Have you tried to reset your password? 🕵️‍♂️

You can use this link: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#lost-password

Once you have reset your password, you will be able to enter your recovery code. 🍀

Cheers,

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I don't have the password.

I don't have the Authenticator App

I just have the recovery Code, access to my email and specific data about when i created the account.

I would be willing to reset the account if it could be done on your side. and provide any information required.

Thanks

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

If Instead of the security code i would be able to enter the recovery code....

it says just back to sign in. as an option

Solution

Hello @cramiro

Thank you for your information.

I could reproduce the situation you are in at the moment.

There are two options you can follow to get you started again:

If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
  • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

I hope this could help.

Cheers,

Jean

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

lost recovery code and mfa

Hi all:

I am free user,recently my phone has been lost,cause I can't use MFA to login ,my recovery code has been lost either.I follow this post  https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Unable-To-Disable-2fa-even-with-the-Recovery-c...

to send emal to privacy@teamviewer.com,request for deletion my account ,but many days have passed and I have not received any reply,could you help me ? my account is ***personal information has been removed***

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Remove account

I need to have an older account removed. Needless to say, if you live in California, or the EU, TeamViewer MUST provide a way for you to remove an account. I no longer have access to my old account as my 2FA device and backup codes were lost in a fire. I am requesting to remove my old account. 

Due to it being a Freee account, the folks at TeamViewer refuse to provide me an alternative other than to post here.

Highlighted

Re: Remove account

Hello @abchase

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙌

Please contact privacy@teamviewer.com

Our dedicated team will help you to delete your old account.

Best regards

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Reset PW - No 2FA, but have Recovery Code

Hello - I cannot remember my free account PW and am trying to reset the PW.  I no longer have access to the 2FA, but I did find the recovery code.

All community answers point to having to post here and wait for a moderator to help direct further support.  I would prefer not to have to delete and recreate the account, but am ok if that's the only option.

Highlighted

Re: Reset PW - No 2FA, but have Recovery Code

Hello @AznEngma,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙌

Please refer to our post here: Re: Unable To Disable 2fa even with the Recovery code 

Best regards

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Lost Recovery Code

Unable to deactivate 2fa, lost my recovery code, unable to create ticket because it keeps bringing me back to community.