Update does not help! The session is still terminated in 5 minutes!

Both me and my remote partner updated Teamviewer from this website. "Check for updates" says no newer version available. But when I connect to him, I still get warning that the remote version must be updated. and the session is terminated in 5 minutes. This is extremally annoying!

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @GeorgeY,

Thank you for your post.

As we mentioned in this article, private users can't connect to old versions.
    Therefore the message such as 5"-minute timeout" doesn't overlap.

Please note that "timeout indicates commercial use, not update issues.

In order to understand your situation, could I get a screenshot of the error and the exact TeamViewer version on both devices? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • I'm having the same issue, thing is, now I can't connect at all.

I've been trying to upgrade Teamviewer on both computers and in both cases it says that the latest version is installed. I went as far as unistalling it, re-insatilling it, and still nothing. 

Any ideas?

• What ""commercial use"?! That's nonsense! We are using non-commercially the latest version which could be installed!086.JPG

085.JPGThe same is on the other side. I don't know why the version is shown as 14.2.... while we used the installer for 15, but anyway TV says the version is up-to-date and there is no newer version.

I'll add the screenshot of the 5-minute warning when my partner will be online.

BTW, despite I have "Email me when someone replies" ON, I got no notifications! That's why I didn't reply immediately.

• And now it stopped working completely!!!

087.JPG089.JPGAgain, TV on both computers says it's up-to-date!

• TeamViewer is crashing.  I'm done with this buggy program. 

We are transitioning to a better platform.