Use of Task Manager (Windows 10) in Teamviewer home version

I use Teamviewer free licence.

When on a partner's machine I cannot use the Windows Task Manager - I get a message about further permissions.  My partner is not proficient on a computer and struggles to use things like Task Manager.  This leads to two questions that I would please like answers to:

Is it possible to set up our Teamviewer link to allow me to operate Task Manager from my device?

If a restart is required on my partner's machine can I effect this from my device without losing connection?

Many thanks.

Old Man

Tagged:

Comments

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

If I were you, I would try to make a shortcut e.g. on the desktop, with a link to Task Manager inside - just click right mouse button on the background of desktop, then New - Shortcut and type: C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe - and try to run the Task Manager from this shortcut. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please add a position in Autostart in Start Menu with shortcut to the Task Manager. If you force to reboot your partner's machine, after it turns back on, you will be able to connect again with the same password as before. I hope it helps - please check if it works for you.