V13 Can't see Alias in Partner list

I have just upgraded to V13.1.3629 and when I access my list of partner computers the alias is not displayed just the partner ID.

Any ideas how to display the partner ID and/or Partner Alias in the dropdown list?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @SimonG

When saving the TeamViewer ID to your Computers & contacs list, you can define an Alias in the properties for the device. 

2018-05-24 14_04_00-Properties.png

You can always change the alias later via the properties or by pressing the F2-Button when highlighting the device in your Computers & contacts list.

I hope that helps.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• SimonG
    SimonG Posts: 3
    Hi Ester,
    To be specific this was an upgrade from V12 to V13 and I already had a lot of Alias' and ID's but after updating to V13 they are gone and only the ID is visable in the drop down. I can still see them if I log onto my account but this doesn't help much..
  • I had the same issue going from v11 to v13.  I had to add the alias to the parameters.

msiexec /i installer.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=aaaaaa APITOKEN=aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ASSIGNMENT="-GROUP 'GroupNameHere'" ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME%"