Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

View settings when remote monitor is vertical?

The remote station to which I am connecting has a vertical monitor (portrait).  When I use MS remote desktop the window on my end shows up in a horizontal window (landscape).  This was immensely useful.  We recently switched to using Teamviewer. However, when I connect to the same remote computer the remote destktop windows is forced into a vertical (portrait) format. The resulting image is quite tiny or if I use scaling, I have to constanly use the vertical scroll bars.  So my question is: is there some combination of View Settings in the Advanced section of the properties to give me the same behavior as MS remote desktop?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: View settings when remote monitor is vertical?

Does anyone from Teamviewer even read this community forum?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Ping.

Any way to force orientation at least?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I am having a similar problem. 

Android Host version 15.5.39, Addon for Lenovo TB-8505F version 14.5.117, Android 9

The host is not respecting the tablet orientation. It always forces the display to portrait mode. Other addons (Tab P10 14.5.96) do not show this behavior.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi everybody,

I found a software which is not really like TeamViewer, but does the job as I need it to.

This is the link**Information removed as per Community Guidelines**

And I use these commands to set it up

adb tcpip 5555
adb connect 192.168.1.6:5555

And this one to run it rotated

scrcpy --bit-rate 2M --max-size 800 --rotation 1

Hope it helps you!