WOL not working

Trying to setup wol using team viewer
Followed all the steps with no luck

Comments

• usarmy2029
    usarmy2029 Posts: 11 ✭✭

I've setup WOL on my PC and in TeamViewer completely and correctly and WOL still does not work. I've seen a lot of problems with TeamViewer WOL from other users in the past so it would appear that there is still an issue within TeamViewer using WOL.

• usarmy2029

I've setup WOL on my PC and on TeamViewer completely and correctly and WOL still does not work, I've setup TeamViewer WOL using both methods, using the ID of another local PC and the Public IP address and I still can't get WOL to work. I've read about many users in the past with the same issue. Is TeamViewer still having a technical issue with WOL and why isn't working for me?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

• Randy53
    Randy53 Posts: 2 ✭✭

For me, It seems WOL was broken in the recent update: v15.40.8 release date 2023-03-23. It was working until this release. Now when I click "Wake-up", I immediately get a message that says unable to wake remote computer, or when I click on "Wake-up", nothing happens. I downgraded to v15.38.3 and it's working now.

• usarmy2029

Thanks Randy53, I'm also currently using v15.40.8, did you downgrade from the TeamViewer website? I've never had to downgrade before. Thanks for the reply.

• usarmy2029

Sorry I failed to mention that WOL hasn't worked for me using either of those versions. With v15.40.8 I receive the attached error in pinkish highlight and with v15.8.3 I receive a different error. See attachments.

• usarmy2029

Sorry I failed to mention that WOL hasn't worked for me using either of those versions. With v15.40.8 I receive the attached error in pinkish highlight and with v15.8.3 I receive a different error. See attachments in earlier message.

Just so you know, I'm using Windows 10 and trying to wake up a PC using Windows 11. Like I said earlier both machines are completely and correctly setup to use WOL and also in the TeamViewer settings.  

• usarmy2029

Never mind, it turned out there was a typo in the ID of the machine I was trying to wake up. Seeing that has been resolved now I'll upgrade the version to v15.40.8 and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

• usarmy2029

You are correct WOL does not work with v15.40.8, I downgraded to v15.38.3 and it's working.

• forestryfarm
    forestryfarm Posts: 5 ✭✭

Having the same issues myself but I'm not tech-minded. To downgrade do I have to uninstall TV on each computer and then install 15.38 on each and go through the setup for each again, or is there an easier way to downgrade without losing all the settings? Thanks..."glad" (perhaps not the right word but still) this WOL issue isn't just me.

Oh and another thing...I did look at past versions available on the TV site and saw that 15.3 is "unavailable" Where did you folks get 15.38?

• usarmy2029
    edited April 2023

This is where you can find all the versions of TeamViewer. [Removed as Community Guidelines]

I didn't have to uninstall TeamViewer, In my case I just installed the older version which replaced the newer version and in my case I didn't lose the settings. Hope this helps you.

• usarmy2029

Does anyone on here know where I can find the TeamViewer v15.38.3 for ios? I want to be able to use WOL using my iPhone unfortunately v15.40.8 is the only version that installs from the App Store.

• usarmy2029
    edited April 2023

This is where you can find all the versions of TeamViewer. [Removed as Community Guidelines]

I didn't have to uninstall TeamViewer, In my case I just installed the older version on both machines which replaced the newer version and in my case I didn't lose the settings. Hope this helps you.

• forestryfarm
    forestryfarm Posts: 5 ✭✭

I actually found I still had 15.38 archived and installed that without uninstalling 15.4...WOL is back up and running and all my settings are still there, thankfully. Thanks for the link to the old version regardless...I'm certainly not the only one here wanting to rollback.

• Th4i_H0a
    Th4i_H0a Posts: 5 ✭✭

So is WOL working well again? And how to wake up computer by another computer but not by iphone? Teamviewer on my computer doesn't have a wake up button to do this.

• usarmy2029

Just make sure you disable the TeamViewer Auto Updates otherwise the newer version will automatically install and you'll lose the ability to use WOL and will have to reinstall the older version again. To do this click on the three bars in the upper left corner of TeamViewer, click on Extras, click on Options, click on Advanced, click on Show Advanced Options and Select No Automatic Updates on the Install Newer Versions Automatically, if you have not done this already. Sorry about the link, I wasn't aware they are not allowed. Without the use of (virus free) links it practically makes it impossible to help some people, IMHO.