Wake-On-Lan (WOL) services

Options

Hi, I'm having troubles setting up WOL services in teamviewer. I am following the instruction given by using a dynamic dns provider but nothing seems to be working when I try to wake up my pc using my phone. 

General Settings.pngport forwarding.pngTightVNC server.pngWOL settings.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @FDL9 

It seems you are using Windows 10 to the remote pc.

Have you see about if the WOL in Windows settings are enabled?

If is not, you could search about How to "Enable Wake-on-LAN in Windows 10" tutorials on web.

• FDL9
    FDL9 Posts: 4
    Options

Hi @Vatsilidis . I have set up the windows settings and the WOL works through the local network. I am wondering on cases that are outside the local network such as my phone when I'm outside and need access to my computer.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

@FDL9 

Ok, if all settings are as should be, is there any firewall that should be configured with a rule to allow the ports you trying to share out of local network?

Many times applications are bblocked by firewall default settings and it need to be manual configure rules about the apps and/or the ports.

Give it a try please

• FDL9
    FDL9 Posts: 4
    Options

Nope. I test the port and its open and working. 

port forwarding.png

• Mit567
    Mit567 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi! Not sure if you are still having this issue, but I just figured it out for myself. It turns out that the Windows firewall was causing issues when trying to use WOL from outside of the network. To create an exception to allow WOL, go to Control Panel->Security->Firewall->Advanced Settings and create an Inbound Exception for port 9 with UDP. Let me know if you have any other questions!