Waking PC via tethered Android device

I have a remote site with no live (AC) power and very limited (solar) 12V. Internet connectivity is limited to US Cellular 4G VoLTE. I want to be able to access photos from a trail/security camera at that site from a device at my permanent residence. Additional objectives are conserving electrical power, conserving bandwidth, and ensuring privacy for images and image metadata. I would like to have an Android device (e.g., smart phone) tethered as a modem to a PC (prefer Windows, Linux would be acceptable) in a cabin at the site. PC would normally be in sleep mode (power conservation). The PC would have a link (WIFI or BT) to a nearby camera, which will have its own power supply. I would be able to (on demand) connect to the Android device from a PC at my permanent residence and use it to wake up the host PC. I would then use desktop management on the host (It's fine if I need to start a different remote session on the host PC from the one used to connect to the Android device) to connect to the camera, transfer new photos to the PC, compress and encrypt those photos into a single file, and transfer that file (via the tethered device) to the PC at my permanent residence. After this operation is completed, I would be able to put all of the devices back into passive/sleep mode. How much of this can be accomplished with TeamVIewer tools? Is any of this just not possible at this time? Alternative suggestions to accomplish the main objective without going completely overboard on power and bandwidth? I do have extensive past experience with TeamViewer (and TridiaVNC before that) for the employer from which I retired, so I understand the basic concepts, but that was quite a while ago - please take that into consideration. I also wouldn't mind paying a reasonable sum for the sw tools I need to do this, it doesn't have to be free. Thanks in advance for advice or insight on this.

Scott

Comments

• Consider maybe a USCellular tablet with a decent camera on it.  Then attach it to a solar USB charger.  Install teamviwer on it so you can remote control it and transfer files.

Possable problems:

1.Trying to lock it down physsically may be an issue as both items are rather small.  Consider building small lockbaox with plexiglass windows for camera.

2.Solar charger vs power usage.  May not be good enough to keep device charged all the time/Weather considerations.

3.Camera functionality. Tablet cameras can be good quality, but few offer low light qhaulity, motion detection, night vision...ect.