What is the difference between TeamViewer Session and TeamViewer Connection

Hello,

does anybody know what is the difference between:

• TeamViewer Session with session code sXX-XXX-XXX
  • and TeamViewer Connection with Partner ID?

As I understand both type of remote connection use TeamViewer channel.

TeamViewer Session is used by FreshService and I want to understand, what is so special at TeamViewer Session, that TeamViewer Connection cannot provide?

TV Frage 01.jpgTV Frage 02.jpg

Looking forward to your replies!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Nuriia 

Thanks for your question. Great one indeed!

First of all, I would say there are no major differences, but the way of starting a connection and the module used.

You can start with this article and I hope this one will already answer most of your questions: What is a TeamViewer ID? 

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to come back into this thread and ask more ?

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi @Esther ,

hi @DomLan ,

thank you for the detailed information!

Another question, when I end TeamViewer Session, does TeamViewer API send a singnal, that session (sXX - XXX - XXX) has been ended?

The background of my question: if TeamViewer API does send a signal, then it would be possible to program to automatically end timer. This is the feature we need, which is currently not available in FreshService.

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Nuriia,.

sorry for late...

Through the API you are able to query the system and acquire information. Then you can get the details of a connection that has just ended.
    What you ask instead is to be informed, proactively, by the system itself (by TeamViewer), of the fact that a connection has just ended. The WebHooks are part of this scenario, a communication channel that has a different logic: it is you who offer an end-point to which you can be called to be updated on a specific event.

As far as I know this mechanism is not yet available, although recent advances made to integrate TeamViewer with Teams should make use of webhooks.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder