Will not connect Windows 10 PC to Mac

I have a Widows 10 PC with latest version of TeamViewer tryin to connect to Mac (High Sierra) with latest version of TeamViewer.  I can connect the Macto the Windows PC, But when I try to connect to te Mac from Windows, it just stays in "connecting".  Any ideas?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @StanBeck,

Thank you for your message.

I recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service on your Windows device.

-Execute Run, type services.msc and press OK

-Now find TeamViewer, and restart it by doing a right click.

Then, restart the TeamViewer application and try to connect again to the Mac.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi @JeanK 

I'm also having this problem, but I found that restarting the TeamViewer service did not help. Are you able to suggest anything else I might try?

• I restarted both the Windows 10 PC and the Mac multiple times.  It just then started working.  I do not know if there is a sequence it has to be done in or if they have to restart in a certain sequence.  Sorry I cannot be more help.

Stan

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@d291173 Have you tried to restart your devices completely as @StanBeck suggested?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• @JeanK wrote:

TellDunkin

Thank you for your message.

I recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service on your Windows device.

-Execute Run, type services.msc and press OK

-Now find TeamViewer, and restart it by doing a right click.

Then, restart the TeamViewer application and try to connect again to the Mac.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Wow, it’s very helpful blog for comments. Will try to follow all these stuff!

• perlin
    perlin Posts: 2 ✭✭

I too can TV from my MAC to Windows, but not from Windows to MAC. The status is stuck on "connecting...". When I reboot both machines, I do see the MAC login screen on TV session, but then stuck at "connecting.."

Restarting the service did not resolve the issue.

• perlin
    perlin Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use Win 10 & Monterrey.