Windows 7 Installation aborted v12

Hello, I'm running Windows 7 Pro. I'm trying to install the latest teamviewer version but as soon as it nears installation I get the message - error during installation - installation aborted. I have no previous versions. I tried running as admin - no help. Deleted downloads and rebotted and tried 3 times - no help. Disabled antivirus - no help. Any suggesstions anybody? 

Comments

• bnmng
    bnmng Posts: 1

Also applicable while tying to install TeamViewer 13 on Windows 10.  Shutting down my VM solved the problem.  

• Apologies for the thread necro but I just had this exact scenario trying to update to 13.2.5287 on a headless server. The installation kept reverting to the earlier version.

There was no specific mention of VirtualBox in the logs (a more general search brought me here) but I do have a Linux VM running on that machine as a print server. Once I closed down the VM, the installation completed perfectly.

What's a bit odd is that I'm reasonably sure I've done multiple remote updates of TV on that box, even with the VM in place, without incident. What's so special about this particular update is unclear.

Whatever the cause, thank you DoctorPixel for pointing me to the solution. I wouldn't like to guess how long it would have taken, if ever, to stumble upon that fix myself.