Windows Login with Microsoft Account on Remote PC

Hello together!

I face the problem, that I cannot establish a connection via Windwos Login with Microsoft account credentials on the remote PC.

Does anybody know, how I have to enter the Windwos user name when I use a "Microsoft Account" on the remote PC (i. e. not a "local account").

I tried several methods, but nothing worked until now. With a local account it works. To be honest, my user name in the Microsoft account has a space and a special character. But the same user name as a local account works fine with Teamviewer. I tried as well ...@outlook.com, but again it doesn't work. Is there a special domain or something to enter? Does anyone have experience with Microsoft accounts an Teamviewer?

Last hint: On the remote PC this user is Administrator. On the control PC I am not administrator.

Kind Regards

Robert

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @fvssunny,

Thank you for your message.

To connect via UAC with TeamViewer, you need to enter the Windows User credentials of the remote computer.

It won't work with the Microsoft account credentials.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Controlling the UAC on remote Windows PC

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager