Windows10 1809 UAC prompt not working!

Hello,

We have following situation:

- a non-admin users downloads teamviewer_setup.exe from teamviewer.com

- teamviewer.exe is executed and 'run only' is selected and 'personly use'.

--------

An admin connects with his teamviewer to this PC with Windows authentication.

The admin is admin on the PC.

--------

the Admin prompts the UAC, run as administrator 

The user gets a UAC prompt and the admin has a black screen...

How to resolve this error? I tried following guide: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Is-TeamViewer-UAC-compatible/ta-p/4574#U4574 but this doesn't help.

Could this be a problem because of security on the client pc? SAM calls... ???

Ofcouse we have the latest Teamviewer version installed.

Thanks for reply.

Best Answer

Answers

• Unfortunately this solution is not possible. If the remote user is not an administrator, he cannot run the program as administrator.

I have the same problem. Users have laptops at home, no admin rights, but IT needs to connect to assist with software installation/updates/troubleshooting/etc. TeamViewer is great for joining their session, but I still get defeated by UAC prompts, even when using Windows Authentication to connect.

Please help.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Brian820,

Thank you for your message. ?

The remote user does not have to run TeamViewer as an administrator, sorry for the confusion.

The IT desk has to:

1. run TeamViewer as administrator
    2. connect via UAC.

Once this is done, the admin should be able to install/troubleshoot any program on the remote computer.

I hope this clarifies the discussion.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• csull
    csull Posts: 1

I have been administering Windows and Linux users from Linux with a Tensor license for a very log time.

This new release 15.11.6 has broken my ability to administer Windows users (the majority of our users).

Is this a bug that will be resolved or am I forced to have a seperate installation to administer Windows users?

• I have the same problem, but I found a simple work around. In the View menu simply change the quality twice and you see the remote screen again.

This really indicates a bug in this version of TV.