auto updates for quicksupport

Is it possible to make the quicksupport exe file to update itself to the latest version? I'm talking about noncommercial, I just use teamviewer between me and my family. Every time there is an incompatibility between my remote control version and the qs exe file of my family, they have to download it and it's not easy for them! It happens frequently, I would say almost every time I need to help them with something. They also don't have the full version, as I think it is easier for them the qs file. The host version is not suitable for security reasons. Is there a way to auto update the qs file? (I control remotely from a windows 10 app, as well as an android 8.0. My family uses windows 7 and windows 8). Thanks, Sara Silva.

Comments

• We have the same experience. And we use TeamViewer as a commercial user. It is very frustrating to distribute an updated qs.exe. Especially when system administrators do not the authorise the other Teamviewer user (the one you are supporting) to update his/her environment.

Would be very nice to have an auto-update feature modus within the qs.exe that solves this problem.

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello Sara,

What are the "security reasons" that you're concerened about with the full version? It can be run on demand same as QS, it doesn't have to run all the time. The full version is just as easy to use, probably easier since now it sounds like you're making them re-download QS on a regular basis. With a shortcut on the desktop, the full version pops up with an ID and password same as QS, and it will solve the issue of updating automatically like you want. If the full version doesn't update immediately, it will popup with an arrow to easily update on the spot.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Why not place the QS file in a single place (either network or web) and create shortcuts to it on your user's systems? That way you only have a single file to update when the time comes.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • saramsvsilva
    saramsvsilva Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello TotalPC,

Thanks for your answer.

1. The security reasons are about the "host version", not the "full version". This "host version" I use on the tablet, and it doesn't ask for a password to get inside de computer. But it's on android, so not sure if we can use it on a pc.
    2. I don't know if the full version auto updates, does it? It's just a question of my family to be able to do it. And those things are hard for them. But if the version does auto-update itself, it is a solution. I just thought the qs file would be easier for them, with less information.
    3. I'm not sure I understood the technique: "place the QS file in a single place (network or web) and create shortcuts to it on your family's systems. That way you only have a single file to update when the time comes". Would you explain better please? Like, a shortcut for webpage?...

Thanks again, Sara.