control remote computer

I have a pc at home & when travelling on vacation last year, I installed the free version of TV in order to control the PC at home, which mostly downloads things that are of interest to me, and everything worked out just fine  :)

This year I decided to use the same solution, since it worked fine last year, & the 1st 3 days I had no problems connecting to the pc at home, except now, the seesions would always time after just a few minutes & making me wait some time before reconnecting. Frustrated, I decided to look at some of the other connection possibilities within the program & decided to try 'Remote Assistance' hoping that maybe the sessions there would not time out so quickly....big mistake, because up poped up a "access control" window with the txt "please wait for your partner to confirm the request"......of course that's impossible since I'm here & no one is where the target pc is. Now, trying 'control remote computer' I get the same pop up :(  where to turn for help??  The 'Partner ID' of the pc at home is set to being constant. & all log will show I've only connected to that PC with this PC this year, and that only during last week or so & that untl this started all connections were successfull.  Seems to me that I'm up the proverbial creek without a paddle with NO place to turn for help to reset the PC at home haveing to provide confirmation  and feal lika a real fool for putting my trust into just one program, just becuase it worked a year ago

Tagged:

Comments

• chireaver
    chireaver Posts: 3 ✭✭

I recommend using windows built in remote desktop gateway as a backup remote solution...You just have to configure port forting on your router.... You forward port 3389 to the ip address of your computer; then you can connect to your computer using the public-ip assigned to your router from your ISP.

You may also have to open that port up in your firewall.

If it happens to change (which mine never does) -- you can get it by contacting your ISP.

• konsm
    konsm Posts: 3

thank you for your suggestion & I will consider the solution that you mention the next time that I travel on vacation, but it doesn't help me right now.