mac remote access suddenly not working anymore

hello,

i have an issue after successfully remote accessing my home mac but no being able to click on my remote desktop anymore... file transfer also not accessible anymore.

issue occured all of a sudden. before all went well. haven't changed any settings!

can anyone help??

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Conquistador 

Have you set up a permanent password to access your remote connection or unattended access to it?

It could be many reasons that make a connection unable to be established. Could you or someone else to go there and look in close if the remote machine works as it should be?

Best regards

• @Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @Conquistador 

Have you set up a permanent password to access your remote connection or unattended access to it?

It could be many reasons that make a connection unable to be established. Could you or someone else to go there and look in close if the remote machine works as it should be?

Best regards

@Vatsilidis 

yes i did set up a permanent password and can access my remote computer.

the problem is that i can NOT click on any file, folder or menu anymore... it just wouldn't react!

any idea?

thnx so much!

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

Do you have keyboard input working or not? Have you changed anything in your pc hardware or added a new device?

Because is a macOS, I would be suggesting you at first to validate that the screen sharing settings (Accessibility) are as it must be. You can find more details here about it.

Also please look to the advanced settings if it is enabled to grant full access to remote computers in the mac's TeamViewer options Preferences.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

Best regards

• @Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi

Do you have keyboard input working or not? Have you changed anything in your pc hardware or added a new device?

Because is a macOS, I would be suggesting you at first to validate that the screen sharing settings (Accessibility) are as it must be. You can find more details here about it.

Also please look to the advanced settings if it is enabled to grant full access to remote computers in the mac's TeamViewer options Preferences.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

Best regards

no, keyboard input doesn't work.

no, i haven't changed anything in settings or hardware.

yes, i tried to access with my ipad pro - exactly the same issue!

yes, i granted full access & screen sharing in the settings of my remote mac.

my remote imac is located in spain. now i'm in germany trying to transfer files from there... and, as a reminder, i could access and remote control my mac twice... after that it wouldn't work anymore.

just can't figure out why it stopped working :-(

thnx again!