static passwords?

I was thinking teamviewer would be perfect for this family use:

1) Mom & Dad are aging and they need frequent help (remote) with their computers. I also need to access their computers periodically (without their having to click to allow) in emergency cases.  2) I spend a lot of time on the road and need to access (from iphone or ipad) my personal macbook which is at home.  3) My daughter has a macbook and also needs some relatively frequent help. I also (become she's young) want to monitor her activity whenever I feel (without her granting access).

I have an account established with teamviewer and the software is installed on all computers, and my account is logged in on all computers. It seems like I can consistently access Mom & Dad's computers with the iphone app, (I can see all the computers) but my daughter's computer seems to keep changing passwords every time she closes/reopens the software, or if her computer reboots. How can I keep her password static, and make certain that the software runs each time the computer boots up?

Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem, but the computers that seem to change passwords each time the software opens are both Mac, while Mom& Dad's computers are both Windows. 

Best Answer

Answers

• mkofski
    mkofski Posts: 13 ✭✭

Mark777,

Sounds like you have the personal password in the unattened access window set up on your parent's computer but not your daughter'smachine.  On the Mac, select Setup unattened access from the Connection menu.

By the way, you only will need to log into your account from your omputer not the ones you are acessing.

Mike

• Mark777
    Mark777 Posts: 3
    Thanks Mike- looks like that was it!
    M
  • Gary_D
    Gary_D Posts: 1

My problem is similiar, except that the remote computer (in this case my desktop) keeps changing it's password everytime it reboots (typically while processing a Windows update during the night). As a result, the password that I have saved in my laptop (for my desktop) does not match the one in my desktop .... which is definitely a problem when I am out of town with no access to my desktop so that I can determine the new password.

How can I make the password static, even after Teamviewer is restarted?

• mkofski
    mkofski Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I may Be miss understanding your problem so if this is off base I apologize.

Whenever you start TeamViewer it generates a new password. Good for allowing a person a one time access to your machine.

On the Mac’s Preferences and Window’s Extra>Options>Security, you can enter a static password that you can use anytime you need.

Hope this helps.