version

I don't understand how on both computers my TEAMVIWER version changed from version 14 to version 15 without my permission
How do I download and reinstall version 14? Browsing the company website says that I can download the paid version ..

Comments

• Interestingly it did the same for my PC. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to 15 on my Mac and thus I am unable to reconnect ot my PC from my Mac. Is there a way to connect from a 14 version to 15? 

Are there lagacy versions available for download without auto update?

Please help.

Thanks,
    David

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Hello David,

You may need to install TeamViewer v15 Manually.

First Step:

First, open TEAMVIEWER on your Mac.

Click "TEAMVIEWER" in the top-left corner of your Mac screen.

Click on PREFERENCES.

Go to the ADVANCED Tab to the far-right.

Scroll to the very bottom and select UNINSTALL. Confirm the UNINSTALL. Do NOT check the box located there if you wish to retain your settings, passwords and logins.

Second Step: (easier with Chrome)

Now, while the uninstall is going, open your Internet Browser and go to TEAMVIEWER.COM.

At the very top of the window, click "Download". Do NOT click "Download TeamViewer for Free".

Some browser windows you may need to click the 3-Line MENU icon at the top and then click DOWNLOAD.

Now, click DOWNLOAD TEAMVIEWER for MAC (should be a green bubble reading "DOWNLOAD TEAMVIEWER").

In Safari, you may need to click where is reads "Step 1: ... if your download does not begin, click here DIRECT DOWNLOAD..." and you will click DIRECT DOWNLOAD. Be sure to ALLOW the download.

After the download has finished, click to start the Teamviewer_Setup.DMG file (launch the DMG file/Double click the icon to start the setup).

In SAFARI, open the DOWNLOADS section of Safari and click to start the SETUP/INSTALLATION.

Go thru the step-by-step process (7 or 8 steps). Choose BASIC INSTALLATION and then chooses whether or not you have a license (no license is FREE use) or if you do have a license (COMPANY/COMMERCIAL).

After you follow these steps, you should be able to make connections and you should already be signed in as well with all prior settings maintained.

I hope this helps.

• Thank you so much for your help.

The directions bring me to the download page of Team Viewer 14. I am running Sierra, however, I cannot find a page that describes which versions are supported. Do you have an alternate download link for 15?

To solve the problem from the other end: I found a legacy version for Windows. How can I turn off auto-update once that is installed again, so this doesn't happen again?

Thanks again,

David

• JoJoJones

for MAC,

To turn off updates, go to 

TEAMVIEWER in the top left of the screen

click PREFERENCES 

go to ADVANCED

and turn OFF CHECK FOR NEW VERSION

and turn off INSTALL NEW VERSIONS AUTOMATICALLY 

This will keep you locked down on the version you have.

• JoJoJones

For Windows, 

go to EXTRAS

go to OPTIONS

go to ADVANCED 

and turn OFF CHECK FOR NEW VERSION

and turn off INSTALL NEW VERSIONS AUTOMATICALLY 

• Great! thanks. 
    I downgraded on the PC and turned off auto updates. Now I can remote back into it again. 

I still haven't figured out where to download v15 for Mac. The page brings me to v14 only.

Thanks again.