Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by Shade87
Henagon

2FA Lost and no recovery code

Hello, I've formatted my phone without removing the 2FA. I don't have neither the recovery  code, so I cannot restore the 2FA.

Can you help me?

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: 2FA Lost and no recovery code

Hi  Shade87

Two-factor authentication sadly can not be deactivated by TeamViewer for free users. If you lose your recovery key and 2-factor you will also lose access to your TeamViewer account

Here you can also find some information on how to deactivate the function in case you find your recovery code. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/402-How-do-I-activate-deactivate-two-factor-authentication-for-my-...

Hope it will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Yuri

Posted by Shade87
Henagon

Perfect! So what I need to do to reuse my old account? The only way is to delete the account and recreate it?

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi Shade87,

Yuri has flagged me to assist you with this.

Can you please PM (Do not post publicly) the email address of the account you lost the recovery code for?

I will then have to raise a ticket for you as this can only be done by a Moderator.
Once the ticket is raised, I will send you an email to the email address associated with the account to sort this for you.

Your account will need to be deleted so you can re-use the same account and unfortunately we cannot recover any of the information saved in it.

For any other free users reading this, please PM a Moderator with the email address and tell them it's for 2 factor.

For any paid users with this issue, contact support.

Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?