Account disabled or compromised

Options

I am not able to access my account (this account was created soley for this post). I have tried to change my password but I am asked for a security code. I have never set up 2-factor authentication for my TeamViewer account. What can I do to recover that account or have it deleted?

I still have access to my email address.

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

You will need to contact support and they will need to delete your account. TeamViewer does not keep any information if you setup 2 Part auth. They can not unlock your account.

When you setup 2 Part Auth there was a picture with a 2d barcode they said to save. Did you save that? with that you can recover your account.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Derkis
    Derkis Posts: 2
    Options

I personally did not set up 2 Factor Authentication and thus was not able to save anything. I am also unable to contact support because I am a free user.

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

You might try contacting sales to see if they can get your account deleted if you want to have it on the same email address. But if you lost the recovery code and the authenticator the only option is to start your account from scratch. Logout or uninstall TeamViewer on each of the machines you have it on. and re-set them up on your new TeamViewer account. Being careful about seting up 2FA or not setting it up at all.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • amsdrs
    amsdrs Posts: 1
    Options

All of a sudden when I log into my teamviewer account I get the following error:

Your account is disabled. please contact your company administrator for further assistance.

I'm the company admin