Activating free licenses on remote PCs

I appreciate how TeamViewer is helping us retirees with free licenses. I am  a retiree trying to help an 81 year old friend who now lives 2,000 miles away and has few computer skills. Dealing with him over the phone has been a challenging and frustrating experience. To make life easier, I have installed and activated the software on my PC.  I installed it on one of his two PCs and was able to make a connection.  When I go to activate his license, do I call him up and walk him through the process or do I just just connect to his PCs and register them with my login?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Bitwdlr
    Bitwdlr Posts: 2

Thank you Jean.  That information helps greatly. Does this mean we do not have to activate the licenses on his PCs - that just installing the software is all that is needed?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Bitwdlr,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, this is correct. You only need to activate your license (free or professional) on your computer and you will be able to connect to your partner via his ID and password (random and personal password).

I can also recommend you to have a look at this article: Making your first connection - How it Works

Have a great day.

Jean

Community Manager