Adding contacts to the list - visible groups

mLipok
mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I think we found a bug, but this is quite possible that we are doing something wrong.

Here is my case:

I have 2 employer (the first one works with me almost 7 years).
Each of my employer was adding new contacts to the list.

I have 5 defined groups.
One of them is named "NEW CONTACTS" and only for this one group my employers have a WRITE permission , each other group they can only read.

I was thinking that this would be good If I be able to see all new contacts and eventualy correct they names, to be properly formated (I have my own rules >> naming conventions), or move them to the proper group.

Recently I was submit few post about filtering hosts/devices "without names".

Last week we found that my employer have possibility to add new contacts to many groups, some of them are even duplicated.

When he adding new contact/devices to the list the default selected group is not "NEW CONTACTS"

When he add new contacts to the other groups he see it on the list, but not me !!!

QUESTION 1:
Why my empolyer have this all groups visible when he adds new contacts/devices ? REMARK: he have WRITE permission only to one group.

QUESTION 2:
Why he see some groups duplicated (with / without CLOUD ICON)

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mLipok

Here is screenshot to Question2

TV_ContactList_Cloud_Icon.png

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • mLipok

Thanks for your answers.
    This bring new light to our problems.
    We will try to solve them and if we come to further questions, or finish our "CleanUp" process, then we let you know in this thread.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • mLipok

For the second hand, this is quite strange to me that my co-worker/employer, which is using my TVLicense, is able to create his own group.
    In that case, I see all his connection and comments in managment console, but I do not see device/contact name.
    So I'm unable to make a bill/invoces for my clients, to which we give our services.
    For this case I think that any TV user which is loging to TV APP by using TVAccount which is assigned to commercial license, should not be able to create "local" groups, or at least. I would like to have such setting in ManagmentConsole to block this feature (local group creation).

If I have license and give access to this license, for my coworkers/employer ,  then I want to have possibility to completly manage, how my license is used.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi mLipok,

Thanks for your reply.

The owner of a TeamViewer account will by default be able to add new groups, contacts and devices to that account. It does not matter in this context whether the account is part of a company profile or not.

The reasoning behind this is that every user of the company profile may need to connect to a specific set of computers to which the other users do not necessarily need access. In the case of overlap, groups can be shared with other users at any moment.

Moreover, many of our customers do not wish or are not able to manage every single aspect of their company accounts and would therefore like to grant their users a certain degree of autonomy.

I do understand of course, that you may have good reason to want to work differently. That is why I have forwarded your feedback to our product management to see if we could implement a feature that would either make sure that all groups created by users in the company profile will be shared with the administrators or allow you to outright prevent users from creating groups of their own.

I would like to point out, however, that your users would still be able to connect to machines that do not appear in your own contacts list.

As long as they know the ID and password of a remote machine, they will always be able to connect to it, even if they do not add the machine in question to their contacts list.

The connections, though, would of course show up in your connection reports.

All the best,

Katharina

• mLipok

"
    The reasoning behind this is that every user of the company profile may need to connect to a specific set of computers to which the other users do not necessarily need access. In the case of overlap, groups can be shared with other users at any moment.
    "
    They can create separate groups + only permision to one user.

"
    Moreover, many of our customers do not wish or are not able to manage every single aspect of their company accounts and would therefore like to grant their users a certain degree of autonomy.
    "
    I can agree with this argument, but could you be so understanding, for this the rest of your clients, which I'm a part, and simply add the settings for entire Company (in Management Console), new functionality, which will ensure that acount, loged to Company, can only add contacts to existing groups in the company

"
    I do understand of course, that you may have good reason to want to work differently. That is why I have forwarded your feedback to our product management to see if we could implement a feature that would either make sure that all groups created by users in the company profile will be shared with the administrators or allow you to outright prevent users from creating groups of their own.
    "

I see we are understand each other :)

"

I would like to point out, however, that your users would still be able to connect to machines that do not appear in your own contacts list.

As long as they know the ID and password of a remote machine, they will always be able to connect to it, even if they do not add the machine in question to their contacts list.

The connections, though, would of course show up in your connection reports.
    "
    I know that, and for this reason I also create a separate IDEAS here:
    New connection only for contacts on the list

As I want be sure that all connections could be billed,
    If my coworker/employer/user want to do other things, of course he could, but not at work time, and not with my license - This is the kind of responsibility, but also control, I just must to know what is going on in my company.

And here I can not count on courtesy of my employee.

As for me the most important thing in TeamViewer product is security, and the weakest link is the man.
    Therefore, you need to know how to control him. 
    For this reason, please add these features.

Best regards,
    mLipok

ps.
    Sorry for bold text, I was not going to scream, but this was an easy way to distinguish multi-faceted response from every part of your statement.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP