Assignment.json never created

This is my process as we deploy TeamViewer at this location, it has worked on all machine except three (out of 72).  Sometimes it takes a bit of time for AssignmentData.json to show up but it does.

here is my process

I run TeamViewer_Host-xxxxxxxxx.msi

Wait for AssignmentData.json to show up in ${ProgramFiles}\TeamViewer\

Run teamviewer.bat

On three machines AssignmentData.json never gets created therefore the bat file fail with file not found.

The bat file contains only:

TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -datafile "${ProgramFiles}\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json"

Pause

its worked 69 times but will not create the file on these few machines.  I have looked thru all the logs and see nothing that tells me why. 

I have cleared the registry of all teamviwer entries as well as this will cause the file not to be created.

I am at a loss as what to try next.

Comments

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Doug_Allison,

This is just a guess in the dark but did you try deleting all the teamviewers on that computer with deleting all settings on as well and then reinstalling the client?

I hope this helps!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Thanks, I have tried that at this point, a lot of times.  I am actually getting pretty good at it :)

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Doug_Allison,

So i think that you mean it is not helped with that?

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi Doug_Allison,

Thanks for your post's!

@iainwels, thanks again for your help with this one.

@Doug_Allison, I see that you are having a TeamViewer license. Please contact your local TeamViewer support center so our support engineers can assist with your question.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Did you ever get this fixed?