Authentication rejected on remote computer

Hi everyone,

I have an account with multiple computers. 2hours ago, I was remotely connected to one of them computers. I shutdown the connection, and now, when I try to connect again I receive a "Authentication rejected" message. This computer is linked to my account with an easy access without password and the authentication never failed before. The computer is still ONLINE on my teamviewer status, but I cannot connect to it.

The problem is that I cannot physically access to this computer to restart it. Its 2000km away from here... and nobody can reboot it for me during the holidays. 

Where does this bug come from ? Is there any fix or chance to recovery access to my remote computer?

Thank you very much for any help !

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• zmandic
    zmandic Posts: 1

@Archa wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have an account with multiple computers. 2hours ago, I was remotely connected to one of them computers. I shutdown the connection, and now, when I try to connect again I receive a "Authentication rejected" message. This computer is linked to my account with an easy access without password and the authentication never failed before. The computer is still ONLINE on my teamviewer status, but I cannot connect to it.

The problem is that I cannot physically access to this computer to restart it. Its 2000km away from here... and nobody can reboot it for me during the holidays. 

Where does this bug come from ? Is there any fix or chance to recovery access to my remote computer?

Thank you very much for any help !

same with me, yesterday I was able to connect to PC and all was fine and now I cannot access it because of the same "Authentication rejected" message.

PC is online on teamviewer web portal and I can confirm that by pinging it and by browsing content on it via another computer located on the same lan (accessible on teamviewer).

Just like with @Archa, I cannot physically access neither of those two PC-s, they are both 200km away.

I hope solution comes soon, thanks in advance.

• Steffra
    Steffra Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same goes for me, about 200 km away from my desktop pc, and easy acces just suddenly rejects my attempt to connect.

would love to see some sort of solution.

Cheers:

A happy costumer

• SBS32
    SBS32 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Restarting the remote computer solved the problem for me. Thanks a lot.

• This happens the moment all TeamViewers updated from version 10 to 12... Now I can`t reboot my remote computer at all... It all worked wll once, then quit, now I keep getting "Authentication rejected on remote computer" :( I will have to travel to remote computer tomorrow and reboot it... :( (I hope this will be the solution)...

djnykk
  • Ok here is what happened:

- My remote PC is just 15km away from me so I am lucky to go to the office and reboot.

- The reason of rejecting is - iExplorer.exe CRASHED on my remote PC with Windows7. It happens very rarely but in 99% cases it happens when: 1) GFX cards drivers wants to be updated! 2) Flash wants to be updated and 3) JAVA wants to be updated.

Any of those 3 happens once in a month - iExplorer crashes immediatelly. I;ve done all fixes but the only soluton to avoid Explorer crashing is to: DISABLE ALL UPDATES POSSIBILITIES (block FLASH, JAVA and GFX CARD) updates when you are on remote control.

I hope this will help somebody.

All best to you all!

Nykk

djnykk
  • but how about those who can't reboot the system?

Is there anyway teamviewer can reboot the system for these kind of users? I believe we can set some sort of trusted device that is allowed to execute a restart command so no one can simply restart your system.

• I think you can create a task using task scheduler so the computer will reboot itself on certain time (if you can access your computer) =)

• mikenkarie
    mikenkarie Posts: 2 ✭✭

With Teamviewer becoming unreliable, I think switching to MSTSC temporarily is a great idea! Thanks mLipok

I am getting the rejected authentication from both PCs and randomly when I log into Teamviewer's website to try and remote from there.  Rebooting one PCs helped me login to the website, but only after it sent me several emails stating it needed to add this device to trusted whatever, even though I have been using Teamviewer on this PC and the rest for years with the same browser. They set the wrong expectations I guess, now it doesnt work as expected and I will uninstall, and instead of renewing my work license I think I'll just pay for VNC this time, it has never failed me like this. 

• DavidW
    DavidW Posts: 4 ✭✭

There's a great feature with the "SHUTDOWN" command. Remote reboot of another PC on the same network.

SHUTDOWN /r /f /t 0 /m \\other-computer

• newname
    newname Posts: 1

I had a similar issue. I don't know what version I had on the remote computer, but TeamViewer indicated I had an older version and that I needed to update the remote computer. After the update I was able to connect to the remote computer - Failure to Authenticate.  Unacceptable!

@djnykk wrote:

This happens the moment all TeamViewers updated from version 10 to 12... Now I can`t reboot my remote computer at all... It all worked wll once, then quit, now I keep getting "Authentication rejected on remote computer" :( I will have to travel to remote computer tomorrow and reboot it... :( (I hope this will be the solution)...

• Hardy
    Hardy Posts: 1

I also have this problem with one PC running Win 10. It started right after the last big update. Actually, I cannot access the machine from remote. I installed Teamviewer several times since then, but still no success. Last week, I suddenly got access to this machine for several hours. Now, after rebooting it during the weekend, I face the same problem again. I use Teamviewer to support about more than 100 PCs but only one makes trouble!

• I have the same problem. After every finished session the conmputer wont allow me to log in again. I cant restart it becuase the computer is not accessable.  

• Bernie
    Bernie Posts: 2 ✭✭

It

• Bernie
    Bernie Posts: 2 ✭✭

It happens always, when TV wants to sell U the new Version.

Symptomatic..,.

• What happens when you cannot travel to the remote computer to reboot it? And you don't have Windows remote desktop set up?

I see the remote computer is online in my list of connected computers, however Authentication Rejected keeps happening! It was working fine all day up and until a few minutes ago. I don't know what happened =/

• It also happens to me since the day before yesterday. Before that, for the past one year, things are going well. I did a little bit test trying to identify the problem:

1. Remote computer at office shows online but when being connected from home using laptop it turns out to be authentication rejected.

2. Brought my laptop to office today, under the same network, I can successfully connect to office desktop using exact same laptop.

Haven't tried to restart the office desktop, though. Hopefully that helps.

• visx
    visx Posts: 1

I found that if my destination computer is signed in to teamviewer, I will get the reject error.  So I have to make sure I sign out of teamviewer on that computer whenever I don't use it.

Teamviewer version: 10

Destination PC running Windows 10.

• Same problem.  I don't have a TVIcon in the icon tray, can't connect with Remote Desktop (remote computer is Win10 Home Version)

• dtech
    dtech Posts: 1

Same problem here with TV11. I connect just fine, disconnect and next time I get the authentication rejected. Sometimes it helps to connect with TV to another computer in same network as first pc and connect with windows RDP to the failing computer. After disconnecting RDP, TV is working again. Really strange, never seen this before. Have been using TV for many years.

• I updated my TeamViewer to the latest version and problem solved.

• IDITIC
    IDITIC Posts: 1

I also had the same problem. It occurs when the screen is turned off after the inactivity time set in the energy saving configuration. Disabling this option, the problem disappears in my case.

• Zhorz
    Zhorz Posts: 1

so.....without reboot remote PC there is no way to connect?

Bad for me....

• killing the team viewer process from the local task manager fixed the problem.

• I am having the same problem tonight, almost one and a half years later.  I have over 50 remote computers and I am getting the authentication failed on everyone of them.
    **Third Party Product** works, so I know is not a problem with my internet connection.
    It was working this morning.
    Killing the TeamViewer process via Task Manager did not help.
    I will try rebooting the computer next.

• If trying to connect to Ubuntu and you have ssh/terminal access:

sudo systemctl restart lightdm

• This was my problem as well. I only had this problem connecting to my work computer from home. If I sign out of TeamViewer before I leave work I'm able to connect.

Another workaround for me is if I forget to sign out. I can connect to another machine on the same network as my work computer. Then I use mstsc to connect to my computer. At that point I can connect with TeamViewer and disconnect mstsc.
  • Dmitr
    Dmitr Posts: 1

@jasontlow wrote:
    This was my problem as well. I only had this problem connecting to my work computer from home. If I sign out of TeamViewer before I leave work I'm able to connect.

Another workaround for me is if I forget to sign out. I can connect to another machine on the same network as my work computer. Then I use mstsc to connect to my computer. At that point I can connect with TeamViewer and disconnect mstsc.

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting to a remote computer even though the computer is online. Please help with the problem.

• AlexFogerty
    AlexFogerty Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Same problem here too. Notebook has only just been powered on, I connected to it, lost connection with a "fast switching" error and now I can't reconnect to it because it says Authentication Rejected.