Posted by aaronthynne
Henagon

Best Practice for Personal (free) and Corporate (licensed) to co-exist?

Hi,

I use Teamviewer for both work and personal. I have two accounts, my corporate licensed account and my free personal account for home.

How do I get the two to co-exist happily without triggering the dreaded "commercial use" lockdown.

I'm not sure adding my Grandmas PC to my corporate account is the right thing to do, but then I can't help her from my work PC when she phones to say her knitting website isn't working. (once I log out of my licenced version, my free account locks up because it's fair that I do use my PC it for commercial use - detection is working correct)

How do I get both address books and accounts to be active at the same time?  Or as a better question, how have you been able to solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Best Practice for Personal (free) and Corporate (licensed) to co-exist?

Hello @aaronthynne,

You are correct in regards to groups with no cloud.

As long as the devices are in a group you are not sharing to anyone else (as indicated by no cloud icon), only you can see the devices in this group.

I will forward your feedback as a feature request as well; although I cannot say if or when such a feature could be added, we appreciate your feedback!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

5 Replies
Senior Moderator

Hello @aaronthynne

Thank you for your post.

Are these accounts used on the same device? Currently, mixed use (Personal and Commercial accounts on the same device) is not supported.

If you have used an account with a license on your computer, then TeamViewer will recognize that the computer is used commercially. TeamViewer does not support mixed use, so we are not able to switch the classification of the TeamViewer ID between private and commercial.

When you sign into your Computers & Contacts with your <Company Email> the license is associated with the computer. Once you sign out, and sign in with the <Private Email>, you would get the commercial use suspected message because the computer had a license attached to it. Once the computer is used with a commercial license attached, the TeamViewer ID is classified as commercial. 

The current resolution would be to use the personal account on a device not already associated with the licensed account.

Hope this helps clarify :) 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by aaronthynne
Henagon

Hi, Thanks for this. I suspected as much.  Yes, your assumption of both accounts on the same device is correct.

As a follow up clarification then:  If I work to migrate all my families PC's to my commercial license (and stop using/close my free account), how can I keep these away from my team members?  They don't need to see my Grandma's PC in their list of shared devices.

Am I correct in assuming that if I add them into "My computers" (no cloud icon), that these will remain private to me only?  (and then I configure the remote agent security settings to suit - need to figure that bit out)

As an aside, can I add a feature request to support dual accounts in a future version?  If I ever leave this company, unclipping my Grandmas PC from the old company is a pain :-)

3 Replies
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hello @aaronthynne,

You are correct in regards to groups with no cloud.

As long as the devices are in a group you are not sharing to anyone else (as indicated by no cloud icon), only you can see the devices in this group.

I will forward your feedback as a feature request as well; although I cannot say if or when such a feature could be added, we appreciate your feedback!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

Posted by ehrw
Henagon

I find a bunch of people struggling with this when I google. Myself included!
It's just not right to start adding your relatives and family you help to a corporate account...

I hope you can push this more and let it somehow create a new Teamviewer ID for the corporate account or any other way. Right now this punishes people who're choosing Teamviewer as their tool to help friends and family 

Posted by mallen462
Henagon

Josh, I did not see a solution provided. I am experiencing a 5-minute time limit while connecting to my personal computer.