Black Window on Video Capture Device

I use TeamViewer 12 on a Windows 10 PC to control a remote PC (GB LAN connected)

The remote PC has a video capture device connected to a VCR.  The Video from the VCR shows correctly in the capture window if I connect a screen or TV, but does not show in the window as viwed over TeamViewer.  Once captured, I can view the video locally, played on the remote PC with VLC/Media Player etc., not totally smooth but it plays OK.

Any suggestions about what might be going on here and how to fix it?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi TeamAJM,

Thanks for your question!

That is a really odd issue, but I have 2 things for you to try.

1. Can you first try going to Extras > Options > Remote Control > Quality = Custom Settings > Click "Custom Settings" and click "Improve Application Compatibility"

2. If that doesn't work, try going to the settings of the computer your connecting to and go to Extras > Options > Advanced Advanced Settings For Connections To This Computer > Check "Ignore Alpha Blending on this Computer"

Other than that, it may related to the input type of the recording device. we do only have a limited number of supported stream types.

I hope this helps

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

I checked the settings and found Teamviewer on the host computer says the camera (USB2.0 Grabber), a USB stick with cables to the S-VHS machine, is not working.

But I do see the picture in the window of the program AVS Video Recorder on the screen of the host computer, but not on the remote computer,. I do see the application AVS Video Recorder on the remote computer but with a black screen.

Any other suggestions????

Thank you very much for your trouble!

Kind regards,

Bill

• TeamAJM
    TeamAJM Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your suggestions - I did try both of these with no success.  I also tried re-installing TeamViewer, as well as the video capture application (TVR) - and even a fresh install on Windows 10, followed by TeamViewer and the application again.  I also tried a different application from the same vendor, VHS to DVD, which is similar to TVR, and it is the same.  Next step is to find another application - I will try Cyberlink Power Director.

I will post again if I find a solution or anything interesting.

BTW, I might add, the audio comes through, so I have a hint to know video is running.

--TeamAJM

• I have tried Cyberlink Power director and that works correctly.

Looks like it is an application specific problem.

Hope this helps!

Bill

• I had the same problem with the same card (using the supplied software) and, while it is true that Cyberlink PowerDirector works with Team Viewer, the live monitor on the screen is very limited beacuse the program is designed primarily for editing video. Debut Video Capture for Windows (NCH Software) is compatible with Team Viewer (at least in Windows 10), has on board live imaging adjustments and can be scaled up to full screen.  And its free for personal use.

• If you want to check on the other side, you could try online cam test, it will open the picture in the browser and will work (at least it did in my case). There is some issue when the software detects that the video is coming from camera, it blackens it.

This worked for me as all I wanted is to have a check on the other side.