Blacklist by IP

Hi,

we use teamviewer in some PCs by LAN connection only (we set "Incoming LAN connections" on "accept exclusively") and in this PCs we can't connect to internet.

We would like to insert on whitelist only some PCs by Ip address, is it possible?

How can we do that?

I only see whitelist and black list by account (impossible withtout internet connection) and by mail (but it does not work when I tried)

Thanks to all

Best Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Dear @IsibetSupport,

Thank you for your post. 

Please open the Options via Extras --> Options and move to the Security tab. When configuring the Black and Whitelist, you have the possibility to choose Manually add contact to your blacklist/whitelist. Please type in directly the relevant IP address (with the dots) you want to grant/deny access and click on Add --> confirm everything with OK

If it does not work when LAN connections are deactivated, please first switch to Incoming LAN connections --> accept exclusively and try it again. Switch back to Incoming LAN connections --> deactivated again. The Black- or Whitelist should remain the same. 

Hope this could help. Please let me know if you have any further questions :) 

Best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @IsibetSupport,

To setup whitelists on a device without internet connection, you will need just once an internet connection on this device, as you have to be signed in to get the window Add contact to whitelist.

Screenshot_2.png

On you have signed in and get to this windows, in the field e-mail address or company name, you will be able to add the IP addresses you want to whitelist.

After this, you can switch back to your LAN-mode and all the IP adresses you have entered will be whitelisted.

Note: Please add them one by one.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Dear @IsibetSupport,

Thank you for your post. 

Please open the Options via Extras --> Options and move to the Security tab. When configuring the Black and Whitelist, you have the possibility to choose Manually add contact to your blacklist/whitelist. Please type in directly the relevant IP address (with the dots) you want to grant/deny access and click on Add --> confirm everything with OK

If it does not work when LAN connections are deactivated, please first switch to Incoming LAN connections --> accept exclusively and try it again. Switch back to Incoming LAN connections --> deactivated again. The Black- or Whitelist should remain the same. 

Hope this could help. Please let me know if you have any further questions :) 

Best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• IsibetSupport
    IsibetSupport Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Natasha,

I can't find the setting panel that you told me.

I find the settings in the image, in the first image I could not enter my account 'cause in this Pc there is no internet connection

Screenshot_2.png

I tried to insert in the second image the mail address of our account, also my ip address the connection try to be authenticated but it does not work.

How we can do?

Thanks in advance

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @IsibetSupport,

To setup whitelists on a device without internet connection, you will need just once an internet connection on this device, as you have to be signed in to get the window Add contact to whitelist.

Screenshot_2.png

On you have signed in and get to this windows, in the field e-mail address or company name, you will be able to add the IP addresses you want to whitelist.

After this, you can switch back to your LAN-mode and all the IP adresses you have entered will be whitelisted.

Note: Please add them one by one.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• can you whitelist ip-adress in management console tensor? and not in client

• JeanK

Hi @jasper_destombes123,

I answered your question here. 🙂

/JeanK

Community Manager