Block teamviewer settings

Options

Sorry for my English

It's possible block setting of Teamviewer software? i would like to prevent some users from changing their personal password.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• dmmario
    Options

Thanks for your Reply.

Can I ask another question?

Is it possible to lock the exit button from the program ?. I would like to ensure that users cannot close the software.

Thanks

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi again @dmmario 

No, this is not possible.

Every user has always the possibility to end a session as they desire and TeamViewer is not designed to run in stealth mode either.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Elzer
    Elzer Posts: 1
    Options

Hello

We are installing Teamviewer Host (remote) and regestering it to our corporate account as unattended access. We want to block the device user to change settings of local host software. And we want to remotely access to host device without a password. We have already create a policy at management console for removing password but we cant find the policy that blocks the device user to change the settings.

Can you suggest something for that?

Regards

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,071 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Elzer ,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out to our Community!

For a case like yours, there're two configurations we recommend:

• Options password via .tvopt
      • On the advanced settings, you can set up one Host with a password for the Options menu, and then you can export the file .tvopt to use in the mass deployment.
    • Policies (enforced) :
      • Changes require administrative rights on this computer (so that only allows access to the TeamViewer settings while being logged in as administrator + Disable TeamViewer shutdown

💡Hint: You can read more about mass deployment here.

I hope it helps! 🍀

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator