Can't access account or reset password

My head is spinning over this.

I used to login to the account normally, today it says "The username and password you entered do not match any accounts on record".

That's Fine! I clicked on (forgot password), wrote my email address and got the message that the email with password reset will be delivered to my email. Which never happens, i tried this 10 times already "not a single email in inbox, spam, junk, ...any folder",

Any ideas?

Comments

• TechGuy56
    TechGuy56 Posts: 41

Greetings, problems like that can be frustrating. I don't know if I can help, but with a little more info possibly I can. What type of email are you using? Is it a major provider such as GMAIL, Yahoo & AT&T, or is it email associated with a website hosting? If with  a website hosted email, do you have access to webmail?

Mike Crabill
  • It's with a major email provider (mail.com from AOL)

• I'm out of options, the only way i can think of is through support, however they dont accept calls from free users!!

• I have the same problem.  I have sent multiple messages to TV Support with no response.  My computer crashed and I had to installed a new SSD and rebuild the OS (Win10).  My old account was not accessible, so I created a new account in a new email address just to send these support messsages.  I need access to my old (original) account becasue it has all my remote computers pre-configured, ready for access, over 20 computers.  I need held accessing my original account and I cannot figure out how to get help.  Also, sending password reset requests did not work.

• TechGuy56

Unfortunately that's a familiar problem with AOL and other large providers like that. They are overly aggressive in screening emails and will flat out block emails that fit a certain profile by them. When that happens it's extremely difficult to get them to change. You might try getting hold of AOL support and explain that you are trying to get support emails from Teamviewer and maybe you can get them to whitelist them. Did you try whitelisting them your self?

It won't help for this instance but I highly recommend getting an email with Gmail, Hotmail or other top provider. Then you can use them when you signup at places and have a much better chance ot getting emails, when you need them without problems.

Definitely get hold of AOL and get them to allow the email so you can take care of your current problem.

Good Luck!
    TechGuy56

Mike Crabill
  • TechGuy56

Greetings!

I would suggest you try the same as what I suggested to usher 1980.

Good Luck!

Mike

Mike Crabill
  • I couldn't even log on to the community to ask a question, post a reply or do anything. Kept saying my account was locked. I had to create a new account in order to be able too. I know that I'm using the correct username/password but I am unable to access my account. I requested a password change several times but I have not received anything. I checked to make sure that my provider didn't block.. This is nuts. I'm wondering if Teamviewer was hacked.. They will not assist free users.

• I have been having the same problem over the last week, I have not been able to access my account on computer, web or phone.

I have never received a reset password email, using a gmail account, it is also not in the spam folder. I had to create a new account to post this message.

Is there anyway to see if my old account exists or has been deleted? I am concerned it may have been hijacked.

• I also have the same problem in my team viewer in starting it were ok but after reinstallation, I am not able to access or forgot password I also checked it on Rediffmail Customer service get help but the same problem comes again.

• I also have same Problem And try solution on Rediffmail Customer Service and get resolve issue but the same problem comes again.

• TechGuy56

Hello,

When you try to access what exactly happens? Do you get an error? Can you access the reset password link? What OS are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache, including your DNS cache? (In case you need to know how to clear your DNS cache, open a CMD prompt and then type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter, you should see a response that it flushed the DNS cache) After you have cleared both cache try again. Let me know if you still have a problem and provide answers to my questions and I will see what else can be done.

TechGuy56

Mike Crabill
  • Lavideo
    Lavideo Posts: 1

I have the same problem someone has been in my computer accessing date dating sites eBay PayPal I believe that someone is trying to steal money using my computer as the weapon. When I try to reset it never sends me the password link. I think someone stole my account change the email address and is using the six computers as robots. I don’t know what to do because some of the computers were for friends of mine and I don’t remember all of them

• TechGuy56

Hello,

That certainly doesn't sound good. The first thing I would do is install a good security program with a firewall. I personally use ESET and it is very reliable, Then I would make sure that Teamviewer is blocked in the firewall, so that they can no longer access your computer. Then I would contact Teamviewer security to have them terminate your old account and then set up a new one with a different email address. I would recommend setting up a new email address after they are blocked so that you can ensure they don't have it.

Good luck!
    TechGuy56

Mike Crabill
  • I face the same problem in my TeamViewer and that thing also corrupt my McAfee software so how can I run **Link removed by Mod**

• TechGuy56

While using specified DNS settings can be a benefit (I prefer OpenDNS). That porbably won't resiolve your problem itself. My recommendation is to make sure you clear your cache and cookies, plus clear your DNS cahe. In case you don't know how to clear your DNS cache, open a CMD prompt and enter "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter and you will see a response that the DNS cache has been flushed. If you clear all of your cache and cookies, that should help with your situation. If you have an infection causing a problem, try running Eset's online scanner. It can detect and clear problems on your computer that a corrupt program on your computer can't.

Good luck!
    Tech Guy56

Mike Crabill