Can't access remote server?

Options
Hi, I'm a new team viewer user and I'm having a slight challenge. What I'm trying to do is access a remote Mac mini on a different network, using a MacBook. So first I worked on installing the software on the local network. I installed TeamViewer on the Mac Mini and the MacBook. Much like doing a local screen share from the (source) MacBook to the (target) Mac mini, it worked perfectly.

The problem has been that, when I’m on a different network and try to screen share to the Mac mini, I am presented with a login/start screen with the admin and guest accounts shown. When I try to log in to the admin account, It just hangs and stays there and will not reset. So it doesn't seem to work when I'm remote and I don't exactly know what to do because login is disabled on the Mac mini.

So the experiences are completely different when on the local network and when I move the MacBook to a remote network. And I’ve already made sure that login is disabled on the Mac minimum system preferences, so I am not even sure why I am being presented with that start screen when I don't see it when connecting via the local network.

Any suggestions or places to configure? Things to try?
Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @johnnsb 

After the successful configuration of the screen sharing to the remote mac (as described in this post), you have to do two more steps.

The first is to configure unattended access, in order to store the remote computer credentials to the local Teamviewer app and be able to directly connect to the remote.

Second, in the remote mac, you must go to the Preferences > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections on this computer, and give full access and also check the box "Full access when a partner is connecting to the login window".

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards