Can't cancel my subscription

Hi, my teamviewer license auto renew while I can't cancel it anywhere on the website or software. I have raised a ticket but no one replied. Call the number on the website but can never get through, e,g, 30188250, 30188251, etc (i'm in hong kong).

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @LukeLi ,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to the subscription, we will follow up with you individually. So I will arrange for one of our support team to contact you asap via the support ticket.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • LukeLi
    LukeLi Posts: 2

thanks. my ticket number is [Please do not post the personal information]

• Ant1
    Ant1 Posts: 28

I also had a forced renewal. In my case Teamviewer hid the automatic renewal at the bottom of the original invoice so I didn't know. They didn't put it in the original e-mail and there was no reminder notice. As a result I got stuck with another years subscrition that Teamviewer forced on me, even though I no longer use the product.

Even when I am in contact with support and I have asked five times they have still not confirmed that it has been cancelled. I hope you have better luck than I did

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ant1 ,

Thank you for your feedback. 
    I have arranged for one of our support team to follow up with you individually.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Hope this will help you.

Best,
    Yuri

• Ant1

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your response and assistance. My concerns have been at least partially addressed not. It has now been confirmed that the subscription that I have has been cancelled. However, my greater conern has still not been addressed.

This concern is that I had never intended to renew my subscription in the first place and only became aware that it would be renewed when money was taken from my credit card account. When I bought the license last year I was not aware that TeamViewer would take this money because the only place it was referred to was in the fine print in the invoice that was sent to me. However, I had no reason to open that invoice as I am an individual and had confirmed the payment had been made through my bank account records.

TeamViewer did not include that information in the original e-mail, nor did they provide any kind of warning that this renewal would take place. When I contacted TeamViewer about this issue and explained that I had not been given reasonable warning that money would be taken from my account and no longer use the product the only response I have had is that the subsrciption "cannot be cancelled". How is this so? Does Teamviewer not control its own finances? Are they happy to take money from people without explicit permission and for no service?

It appears that TeamViewer deliberately tried to conceal their renewal process (which can only be described as predatory). So far I have no explanation for Teamviewers decision to not refund my money.  

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ant1 ,

Thank you for the feedback again.
    I really appreciate it and I will definitely forward it to our support team to follow up.

Unfortunately we can't discuss about your contract in the community as it is included your personal information. However I can provide this article for your information.

I understand your frustration. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. 

Best regards,
    Yuri

• Ant1

Hi Yuri,

Thanks fo the article. It says "We usually send an email to your registered contact around six weeks before your subscription renews" but I didn't get such a notice nor any other warning that an automatic renewal would occur. Why? And why won't TeamViewer address this when they know that I no longer use the service and never intended to renew?

I understand that you are not able to put information of mine online. However, the only way for me to seek redress for TeamViewer taking money from my account for a service that I have explicitly stated I do not want and am not using. As a result I will keep highlighting TeamViewers response on this and other forums until the matter is resolved.

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ant1 ,

Thank you for your reply.

With regards to the reminder email, as you mentioned, We usually send an email to your registered contact around six weeks before your subscription renews. However, it is subjected to the country origin and local regulations

You must contact us at least 28 days before in writing the end of the initial subscription term or any subscription renewal term as we mention on an invoice . Otherwise your annual subscription will automatically renew every 12 months from your purchase date.

I understand your frustration, however in order to assist you further, please contact our support team.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuri

• Ant1

Hi Yuri,

There are no regulations in Australia from preventing Teamviewer from sending an email informing me that they will take money from back account. I am getting no response from support on this issue. TeamViewer is simply obfuscating and hoping I go away so they can keep my money for no service.

So what do you expect me to do?

Regards,

Bruce

• Yuri_T

Hi @Ant1 ,

Thank you for your reply.
    As I mentioned earlier, we can't discussed about your subscription in the community.
    I have already talked with one of my colleagues about this case, so please wait for his reply.
    Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Best regards,
    Yuri

• Ant1

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your response and willingness to help. I have received a response; however, it does not address the issues I raise yet again, and in fact reveals the extent that TeamViewer will go to hold on to money that they have taken that is not rightfully theirs. 

I was disgusted to find that even though I paid the Australian rate for TeamViewer and paid from an Australian bank account, because I put my address as being in China, TeamViewer has chosen to hide behind the lack of laws in China to justify not informing me that they would take money from my bank account without informing me, forcing me to renew when I no longer use the product. TeamViewer charges me under Australian rates and then hides behind Chinese law when they themselves are dealing with me from Australia. TeamViewer is morally bankrupt.

I will continue posting to do what I can to prevent others from suffering the same dishonesty that has befallen me. TeamViewer continues to hide behind deceptive practices and seeks to take money for no service.

• the_Borg
    the_Borg Posts: 4

Hi all

Apparently, an email sent to discuss upgrading, is grounds for changing my licence from V12 perpetual to an unwanted and un-requested yearly subscription. My original email actully included these words... 'However, I don’t wish to pay for yearly upgrades/licences for my current support PCs'

I am then told to open a support ticket! I didn't need this all the way through the Covid-19 lockdown, we issue a PO for any orders we place, none has been raised with Teamviewer.

I can only guess that they are on the verge of administration, and need to steal as much money as possible, from their dwindelling customer base!

I am told to raise a support ticket! Why, it's not a support issue, do their accounts have issues dealing with, oh you know, account queries?

Then to my astonishment, they say they are going to take the money anyway! from where exactly. At least it's not my problem!

I'm not a big user of Teamviewer anymore, so will be moving over to the **Third Party Product** platform or even **Third Party Product** and although the loss of revenue from me is low, the amount of customers I will now 'NOT' be recommending Teamviewer to, probably equates to £5k pa.

Oh well, I used to think Teamviewer were a good company to deal with, however they appear to have lost

• The ability to understand the English Language
    • How a Purchase Order actually works and what it means
    • Customer Service

I sincerely hope you regain the ability to support YOUR customers, learn to read & understand emails

Good luck with that!