Can't connect to Mac on sleep

• I have a MacBook
  • I have macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F203)
  • I enabled System Preferences > Energy Saver > Power Adapter > Wake for Wi-Fi network access
  • I enabled System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility > TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop

Even if I connect my MacBook to power, if the lid is closed, so it's sleeping, it doesn't show up as online in the list, nor can I connect to it. If I wake it, then I connect (from my iPhone), and then I close the lid, it immediately stops the connection and it goes back to the offline list.

What to do?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Revolt

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we do not support cases where the lid of the device is closed.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Why do I only see a black screen after connection establishment?

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• @JeanK @Revolt 

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? Certainly there must be an Energy Saver setting when using Power Adapter and keeping the lid open that will keep the Macbook "awake enough" to allow a remote connection (and not burn out the hard drive or screen). Can you share what those magic settings are?

Thanks

• kevmo
    kevmo Posts: 1

I was having the same problem.  I found a program called InsomniaX for Macbook, installed it, and it works.  The lid can be closed without the Mac going to sleep and TeamViewer does not have it offline anymore.  Hope this helps.  (In fact, I am connected to it right now via TV with the lid closed as I post this. :-) )

@chrismol wrote:

@JeanK @Revolt 

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? Certainly there must be an Energy Saver setting when using Power Adapter and keeping the lid open that will keep the Macbook "awake enough" to allow a remote connection (and not burn out the hard drive or screen). Can you share what those magic settings are?

Thanks