Can't connect to Teamviewer after a restart

Hi, I have a difficult question.
At home, I have a computer in one room and a laptop in a second room. I want to control the laptop from my computer. I have TeamViewer 15 installed correctly on both computers, with a password and I can normally connect to the laptop.
But after I restart windows on the laptop, I can't connect anymore (until I open the lid).
The laptop is connected to the AC adapter and to the Ethernet. No monitor or keyboard is connected. The lid is closed. I have explicitly forbidden automatic sleep in the power options. (Eg. do nothing if the lid is closed, don't sleep after x minutes of inactivity, screensaver is disabled). There is the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64 and the latest TeamViewer 15 installed. I am the administrator.
When this problem occurs, I must go to the second room, open the lid, the screen lights up and suddenly the TeamViewer works again.
Just after the restart, I am not sure, if the Teamviewer service is running, if the network service is running, if the laptop is in any kind of sleep mode. But after I open the lid, everything goes back to normal.
Does anyone have any clue?

Comments

• I Have the same issue :(

anyone can help?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Commander238,

Thank you for your post 🙌

Could you please provide us a bit more details in order to understand your situation?

• Have you installed TeamViewer full client or Host module on the endpoint device?
    • Are you using the latest TeamViewer version on both devices?
    • If you use the full client, is "Start with Windows" enabled in the option? on the endpoint device?
    • In "services" on the endpoint deivce, is TeamViewer "Status = Running" and "Startup Type = Automatic"?

We look forward to hearing from you :)

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Gregg
    Gregg Posts: 2 ✭✭

Sorry that no others chimed in to help.

My first thought would be, Device Manager, select your network adapter, go to Power Management and make sure to deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

• JRPsupport
    JRPsupport Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have this, similar, issue too.

"The Mac still does not show accessible to teamViewer after a reboot."

Monterey macOS 12.6.1.latest

Mac-Mini M1