Can't control Windows 10 from OsX

I've got a Macbook and once in a while I use Teamviewer to control my home computer (Windows 10) while I'm away. It's worked in the past but suddenly I can view but not control my home computer. I've tried the reverse and I can control my Macbook from my home computer.

I've checked settings and as far as I can tell everything is set correctly. Anyone have any idea's?

Best Answer

Answers

• Anyone? Idea's?

• Some help here please?

• Hi Esther:

Before I tried your advice, there was a version update for Teamviewer on both computers. I installed them and tried again with the same results i.e. that all I could do from the Mac was view but not control.

After that I checked settings on both computers as you suggested, everything was as it should have been but once I exited those options dialogs and I tired again to control my Windows computer from my Mac it worked this time.

I'm not sure what exactly was the problem but it's apparently fixed now, thanks for the help!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Hi NormAtHome,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to hear that it works again!

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• My problem is that the Mac version is 14 and the Windows version is 15 and therefore I cannot control my Windows pc from my Mac. Is there a way to downgrade the Windows version?