Can view but Can't control Motorola phone with QucikSupport

2»

Comments

• Dino2
    Dino2 Posts: 2
    Why they cant resolve this problem? Please do it.
  • Icant control the device but i can view

• Yes we talked to Motorola. As those are devices from the US they do not have this functionality yet unfortunately. So there is no possibility for us to get remote support on them for the moment but we are working to cover those devices in the future as well.

• FWIW, I've wandered into this thread now in Oct. 2019, and TV still won't work on my U.S. Motorola e4 running Android 7.1.1., with my model being an unlocked Amazon version. I get only screen sharing.

--no remote functionality at all

--no Motorola QS add-on for my phone either in the Play Store or via the settings menu of the QS app itself

To me, it's pretty disingenuous of TV to put out lists saying they support Motorola phones, and then find out that MANY users of MANY different models of Moto phones have no remote functionality at all.

And now, some 2 years after this thread was started and TV folks talked about working to address the problem and expand support to more phones, the U.S. E4 variant is still a DEAD issue where TV offered no remote capability.

And TV reps obviously have ceased even responding to comments in this thread.

• aasoror
    aasoror Posts: 22
    There is nothing TV devs can do, they already said TV were brushed off by Motorola (Lenovo), they aren't willing to do more work on such cheapo entry level phone (it's even surprising they followed up with about two years of security updates).
  • Except, if you read thru the various forums and threads, this TeamViewer problem isn't just limited to the Moto E4, but to lots of other models of Moto phones as well... And yet, TV continues to list the Motorola brand as being supported.

They've been asked repeatedly, here and elsewhere, to post a list of specific phone models or OS versions/variants that really are fully supported for remote control. And they've never responded to that. And they've never even added any caveat to their stock phone manufacturers list advising that Moto isn't quite as supported as users might be led to believe.

All in all, I'd call it a pretty shoddy performance on their part. Not blaming them for the fact that apparently lots of Moto phones don't have the required firmware elements to properly support TV remote control. But instead, how they've basically misled TV customers and phone buyers into believing various phones are TV supported when in fact they're not.

• lzy117
    lzy117 Posts: 1

Motorola X Style XT1570 also has this problem. Since now the teamviewer has added the support on Moto devices, where can I find the Add-on support for MotoXT1570?

• aasoror

@lzy117 wrote:

Motorola X Style XT1570 also has this problem. Since now the teamviewer has added the support on Moto devices, where can I find the Add-on support for MotoXT1570?

TV has added support for moto devices more than 2 years ago.

Here is the thing, support isn't full but rather partial for several Motorola devices (limited to screen sharing) if you can't see the option to "grant special access" from the app running on your moto phone then you are out of luck.

• aasoror

@jfchandler wrote:

All in all, I'd call it a pretty shoddy performance on their part. Not blaming them for the fact that apparently lots of Moto phones don't have the required firmware elements to properly support TV remote control. But instead, how they've basically misled TV customers and phone buyers into believing various phones are TV supported when in fact they're not.

You do have a point, I think it would have been much easier for everyone if TV would just say on the app download page "screen sharing available on all moto devices running Android 7.x or later, full control supported on selected moto devices, install free TV-Host app to determine exact compatibility". That should clear them off any possible false advertisement claims.

• SKM1
    SKM1 Posts: 2

The same problem on Moto G6 Play after system updates. Screen sharing has stopped working as well.