Cannot access TeamViewer

A friend asked if I'd help fix a problem with his laptop and I suggested he download TeamViewer to enable me to connect remotely.

In attempting to access TeamViewer site he received the following message.............

"Can't connect securely to this page.  This might be because this site uses outdated or unsafe TLS seecurity settings. If this is happening try contacting the website owner"

I can't believe it's anything to do with the TeamViewer site.  I can access no problem from my laptop and desktop PC.  My friend has also not reported  receiving this message when accessing any other sites.

He's using Windows 10.  I suggested connecting via Google Chrome but this gave similar message.  I suggested checking the IE11 TLS setting.  These matched mine and, as I said, I'm having no problem.

Indeed a mystery.  Would appreciate any feedback as to a resolution.

Best Answer

Answers

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @majestic100,

check it yourself using a web tool like this ...probably your friend is writing the host name incorrectly.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• majestic100
    majestic100 Posts: 14 ✭✭

"Many thanks for prompt response.

Interesting results when tested!.  Inputting "www.teamviewer.com"  authenticates fully - SSL certificate is correcting installed.

However linking from a web page search i.e "www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/"  results in the following  error message.......

"Error:  www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ is not a fully qualified public domain name or public IP address."

If I shorten address to just  "www.teamviewer.com/en" I get the appropriate error message.

I'll get my friend to input just  "www.teamviewer.com"  into the browser (edge) address bar and download version 14 from there. I'm assuming this will work.  Will post back result this his action

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

The test can be conducted only on the host name without any reference to subsequent addresses. The error you experienced is valid for everyone:
    This, for example, would give you the same result: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox

I hope you do not want to contact Google for this ;-)

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• majestic100

OK.  Your response noted.  Seeing as version 14 is downloadable from the host site which has full certification I shouldn't, hopefully, run into any problems

• majestic100

Oh dear..............Got my friend to  go directly to www.teamviewer.com by typing into browser address bar.  He confirmed this was the case before he hit the enter key.  On doing so got a message purported to be from Talk-Talk (his ISP) saying scan protection has blocked this site !!!.  Not really sure what is going on.    He is making a special trip to bring laptop over tomorrow so I can see message(s) first hand.  

Any other advice always appreciated.

• HFAiden
    HFAiden Posts: 1

I found that if you change your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 the website can be found