Posted by Tommitulpe46
Henagon

Cannot connect to Windows Server 2016

Hi, I have installed the Teamviewer 12 host on a Windows Server 2016. Now, I cannot connect to this windows server

5 Replies
5 Replies
Posted by elbea64
Tetragon

Re: Cannot connect to Windows Server 2016

So much information - so little to say ...

My crystal sphere says: "Beside TeamViewer, you need a working Internet connection."

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
Posted by Tommitulpe46
Henagon

Oh that's good, but my internet connection is working. On a Windows Server 2012 R2 I have no problems with the connection.

Teamviewer.PNG

This is the window what I see 

Posted by elbea64
Tetragon

Sorry, i don't know anything about this issue, but there is already a large thread discussing it.

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
Posted by wizz
Henagon

Similar problem, but it did actually work prior to joining domain.

This is what happend:

Installed new Server 2016 Essential

Installed TV and run setup for remote access - all worked fine!

Run server deployment and created/joined domain. After this I cant access the server with TV

If I remote through a Window client and then RDP to the server I can see that TV is running, I can run options etc...

I'm thinking something is blocked in Firewall (OS). Never had any problem prior to this. What could have happened with graphics when joining domain?

Posted by jalari
Photon

I have windows server 2016 that I use on my file server and at first I had problems too. I found that the drivers for my onboard video on my Poweredge R510 Server did not seem to play well with teamviewer for some strange reason. I wound up getting a Nvidia GT730 PCIe x8 card from eBay becuase the onboard video was giving me too many problems and it worked after that.

Sadly I now have a problem of my not being able to connect to the server because it thinks I am using it commercially but that is another stupid problem all together.