Catalina and Teamviewer how-to guide does _not_ work

Just like many I see here with the similar issue, the how-to guide for Catalina does not work. Disclaimer: I am aware that it might come down to user error.

Wether I am trying to reach my home Mac from work or my work Mac from home, the settings are identical, still keyboard and mouse on the remote Mac won't respond, even though you can see the desktop just fine.

Took a couple of snapshots just to be sure that my settings are fine:

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.32.23.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.33.10.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.33.29.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.34.15.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.34.42.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 08.35.15.png

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Esther,

Yes, that worked - removing and Teamviewer and Teamviewer_Desktop (I was unable to uncheck them). Thanks!

Maybe you should add this to the KB article? It's 'buried' under Announcements, and that's usually not the first place I look at for support...

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @Lerxst 

Glad to hear it is working for you!

Good point with the KB! It makes total sense.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi there,

Remote Control on Catalina was not working for me and the instructions in How to control a Mac running macOS 10.14 or higher or @MoreCoffee s post didn't work.

I got it working by adding TeamViewer_Desktop to Full Disk Access

full disk access.PNG

The trick to being able to do this is making TeamViewer_Desktop available to the File selet dialog.

First right click on the TeamViewer.app and select Show Package Contents

show package contents.png

Then drag the Helpers folder to the Finder sidebar

helpers.png

Then unlock Full Disk Access and add TeamViewer_Desktop in the Helpers folder

teamviewer_desktop.png