Chat text leaves shadow while typing

text burn example

Hello,

I have been having an issue recently, where my chat text would "burn" as I type it. When I backspace and type again, I notice the old text remains there, leaving a scribbled mess in my chat window. Once I send the message or leave the window, everything appears as it should. I tried uninstalling, restarting my computer and reinstalling. Attached is a screenshot example.

In case the screenshot does not work, here is a link to the image: https://imgur.com/a/cTKDd Note that on the left you can see "burned" text, on the right you can see normal text, and in the center you can see what happens when I backspace and type again.

I have been trying to find solutions online, but it is a strange issue, and I any way I word it yields no results. Please let me know if anyone has this issue or has heard of it, or what I can do about it. Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance!

Just trying to reach my clients

Comments

• tkuhmone
    tkuhmone Posts: 13

Yes, same problem here with new Teamviewer (free version). I use v13.1.3629. Something really wrong there... I do not know a solution. If I need to chat I open the good old windows notepad :-P

EDIT: when enter pressed, seems that "shadow text" is not sent to other end of connection...

• We are also having the same issue - version 13.1.3629 Business Licence

Unable to find a solution.

• hectaaa
    hectaaa Posts: 1

I've had this issue for about a month. Please help fix this. 

• Shevron
    Shevron Posts: 1

Same here, and it's getting very frustrating when dealiing with business clients.

• tkuhmone
    tkuhmone Posts: 13

I tested chat window on free windows licence (TV 13.2.5287), both local and remote PC's at same versions. I did not see anymore the strange text shadows...