Click on Upper Left Corner (when fullscreen) exits my session

When I am connected to another computer, and in fullscreen mode, when I click in the top left corner, team viewer either minimizes or disconnects completly.  When not in fullscreen there is a tab at the top left for the computer I am connected to, clicking it minimizes, so I am assuming when in fullscreen that area is still active to be clicked?

Can I disable this somehow?  Using a web browser is then very annoying, as when I click the first tab, which just so happens to align exactly with the minimize or exit button of team viewer, even when in full screen, I get disconnected or minimized..

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• DonBaker
    DonBaker Posts: 2

I've started having this same problem. I noticed it starting two days ago. It's not consistent either. but you're rght, when I try to click on a tab in Chrome or other browser, the Team Viewer session closes out. I'm also running into issues with not being able to sign in. Same time frame. It's worked flawlessly for the last several months, now both of these issues appear simultaneously. Let me know if you come up with a solution.

• Yes, the first tab in chrome is what does it for me, I guess the location of that first tab aligns with the team viewer minimize or exit button.. that button is hidden when full screen I guess.. but still clickable.

• DonBaker
    DonBaker Posts: 2

I should have mentioned that I DO use TeamViewer in full screen mode, so I'm not double clicking on the title bar top left.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

This is also related to the bug I mentioned in this post:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/windows-responds-to-clicks-even-behind-other-windows/m-p/5625#M1961

I will inform you when we published a fix for this :)

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • When will this be fixed, it's been weeks & weeks now!  I cannot work in full screen, I cannot click anywhere in the upper 2" left corner of my screen or I close teamviewer.  

I've never seen anything like this, teamviewer has worked near perfectly every time until this latest release.  Can you please provide the earlier version so we can get around this problem?

It is NOT related to Chrome, I can't click any program's menu, or do anything in that upper left corner.  I wind up resizing my windows and dragging what I need to click away from the upper left and then do whatever task.....

• It won't be fixed apparently.  Do what I did and change software.

• Julia

Hi all,

As I said before - we are working on this :)

A fix will be implemented within the next update of TeamViewer. I will of course inform you about the update.

Julia
  • TeamDex
    TeamDex Posts: 8

This really takes ages. Since I have the bug I shut down a session a hundred times. Super annoying!

How can this not be fixed ASAP?

Do you have any idea when this is going to be fixed? Will it be weeks, months or years from now?

• Julia

Hi TeamDex,

This bug should be fixed in the current insiderbuild. You can activate the insider builds in TeamViewer under "extras - options - advanced" but please keep in mind that these are (as I said) insider builds which means there can still be bugs.

We will publish the fix in the next major update.

Cheers,

Julia
  • TeamDex
    TeamDex Posts: 8

Thank you for that info, it would have been very helpful if you posted this information earlier!

I tried the current insider build and a quick test showed the problem has been fixed.

• Julia

Hi TeamDex,

Thank you for your feedback.

We normally do not give the feedback regarding the insider builds becaus we do not want to force our users to activate them. As I said before it is still possible that there are other bugs in an insider build.

Julia