Client's hard disk constantly running.

Announcements

Are you using TeamViewer to help your parents and friends? Check out the best practices in our new blog post.

Posted by
Henagon

Client's hard disk constantly running.

When I'm connected to a client's computer, the hard disk's is constantly running. It will keep running over and over no matter how much time I wait. Is it normal? On some of the computer, I stay connected all day. Will it prematurely ware the HD? Does tihs can degrade the overall performance?

I'm using the version 15.2.2756

1 Reply
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Re: Client's hard disk constantly running.

Hi @MarcelDube 

I faced many times continually hard disk runing problems in Windows pc's and the main cause it was the Windows update Service runing in the background.

I would recomend you to manual stop for a moment this service from the Procces manager and not from Task manager and see after a minute the situation of the disk.

To go there, just right-click on "My computer" -> Manage -> at the bottom left you must expand the proccess manage list and the on the right side you can search the Windows Update Service.

I'm writing theese instrunctions from what I remember, as I'm not in front of Windows pc right now and I hope this to solve your issue.

Regards

Pro