Comment Windows - long wait time

mLipok
mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

Recently I observe that "Comment Window" appearing very slow.......

What I mean.
I close sesion and "Comment Window" PopUp's .... and I keep waiting to have possibilty to write anything as the "Comment Window" is visisble but not fully created (comment "Edit" field is not visible yet) so I wait about 1 minute to be able make a comment.

Why this is so slow ?
I have Intel-i7 workstation+SSD with 20/20 Mbit FiberOptic ISP, with ping about 7 ms.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Comments

• mLipok

here is example I wait about 25 seconds to comment window give me possibility to enter comment.

CommentWindow_LongWaitTime.png

What is going on ?
    Why I must wait so long ?
    At least 1 year ago there was not such problem - this window was fully opened in 3 seconds.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello mLipok,

Thank you for your message.

This should be fixed in the version 14.

Could you please try and check if it is working better with the new version ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers

Community Manager

• mLipok

I use TV14.0.8346 Beta at least two weeks. So I think that this mean that the problem is not fixed yet.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello mLipok,

Thank you for your message.

It seems that the problem is not related to the version - as this problem is not a know issue.

For example on my computer, the window shows up quickly, and I'm also using the BETA v14. There is no latency.

I recommend you to uninstall TeamViewer v14 and its settings (just tick the box "delete settings" when you uninstall the program), and also to clear your Windows Registry and delete following file :

C:\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer

And install the program again.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• websafe
    websafe Posts: 15 ✭✭

Same problem here, I have to wait  at least 10 seconds before I can enter the comment. I'm on the latest 14.x. I'll try teh fix with removing all settings and reinstalling and let you know.

• RobertHiddink
    RobertHiddink Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same problem here with 100 computers in the field... Any solutions yet?

• Emil2
    Emil2 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This is very annoying. This software is my working tool and I'm paying for it every year not a small amount. If I have a problem with comments and reporting, I have a problem with invoicing my customers! Please do something with it. Its 2021. Until circa 2017 everything was smooth. Now establishing connections and commenting is a huge problem, please address it and solve it. Thank you!

• websafe
    websafe Posts: 15 ✭✭

This happens to me multiple times a day. I'm on the newest version. I don't remember a time, when this worked as expected. this year maybe 2-3 weeks were OK. And today it doesnt even take log, I have to go to the management console and update the comment there.