Announcements

Shape the future of the TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by 5kalos
Henagon

Re: Connect to the host, but only see black screen

I cannot see any link in yourt post
Posted by GDV_1992
Electron

Where is the Link.?!!!
Posted by CrippleZero
Photon

Same issue, but I am using the Windows App Store version of TeamViewer, version 14.100

I am able to connect to other PCs/Servers with far different versions than the app, a couple as low as version 7.  I have installed the latest version of TV on a PC in unattended access mode and can't see the screen.  It has the same settings as all the other machines we've set up the UA modes and it is the ONLY machine that shows a black screen upon connecting.

There is one saving grace, though - a user has to login through RDP to the server and THEN my TV screen shows the PC's desktop.  Once the user logs out, then my screen goes black again. 

Again, this is the only PC doing this with unattended access in which I get a black screen upon connecting.

Posted by Sathwik
Electron

I can't see the link in the solution! -_-

Posted by Den_LiteManager
Digon

Yes, I can't see link too, but we must use a previous version... or waiting update

Posted by Biggles
Henagon

>established a second connection to the same client

This worked for me too.

First connection was with a chrome ap, second with the desktop ap and it worked fine.

Posted by Kpatel6875
Henagon

Can you post the Link
Posted by Nerukas
Henagon

What version? I have the same problem, only the HOST laptop has WIN7 and i am connecting from WIN 10. But when i try to connect to the other WIN7 it connects just fine. Maybe there are some settings on that laptop that i need to change? Tried many things, but not yet find any solution. PLease help.

Posted by Luisja27
Henagon

I have also the same problem with Teamviewer 14.2 in Mac OS and Ubuntu. I paid a Teamviewer license and anyones is helping!!

Posted by SSD
Henagon

Re: Connect to the host, but only see black screen (TV 14 both sides)

I have this same problem using TeamViewer 14 for Debian/Ubuntu on both sides.

I connect, I authenticate I get a blank/black screen.  Sometimes if I ssh into the server and re-start the teamviewerd process it comes up but we need it to come up on boot.

Posted by yzhu
Henagon

A very, very strange solution that works for me: first connect to your remote host, then after observing the black screen, switch the current user account of your client (you can achieve that by using ctrl+alt+del and then selecting the "switch user" option), finally, login back. You'll see TeamViewer works as expected now. 

I'm using Win10 1903, the remote is running on Win10 1809. TeamViewer version is 13.2.36215.

Posted by yzhu
Henagon

@yzhu wrote:

A very, very strange solution that works for me: first connect to your remote host, then after observing the black screen, switch the current user account of your client (you can achieve that by using ctrl+alt+del and then selecting the "switch user" option), finally, login back. You'll see TeamViewer works as expected now. 

I'm using Win10 1903, the remote is running on Win10 1809. TeamViewer version is 13.2.36215.

actually you don't even need to switch user, when prompted by the option screen after pressing ctrl+alt+del, do nothing, just select "cancel" and you'll see TV works again. Very weird.

Posted by ZoltanMTS
Electron

Hi,

I do not know if it helps anybody, but I went to settings and changed the screen resiution to a lower one and I got a screen on my phone.

Regards,

Zoltan

Posted by Tegoide
Trigon

Dear friends,

I have the same issue. I have TV 14 on both PC. But from one of the two, I am not able to see the host screen.Just a black screen. 

Can you help me to resolve the issue ?

Posted by SSMCPA
Digon

If you have Duet installed then that is your problem. Uninstall it and reboot.

Highlighted
Posted by kode54
Digon

I have a similar issue connecting into a macOS virtual machine that has a dedicated video card inserted. The client can only see the menu bar and the desktop background, but not the icons or the windows that are open.

I am running the latest TeamViewer on both ends, macOS Catalina public beta 9 (soon to be updated to 10), AMD RX 480 video card.

Posted by attariGSM
Henagon

So if i buy for 1 year then can i use black screen and keyboard mouse lock feature ?