Announcements

Become a product development partner for TeamViewer. Read more about it in our Announcement.

Posted by AM2121
Henagon

Connecting TV to partner from USA to Norway

I am am TVing from a Win 10 laptop from USA to a Macbook in Norway for remote help and the other person leaves their TV open but when I go to connect about an hour later when I get home from work, it says the partner is not connected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

8 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Connecting TV to partner from USA to Norway

Hi @AM2121

It sounds like the remote device is going to sleep.

When a Device goes to sleep, it suspends all software and disconnects from the Internet.
This would mean you cannot connect with TeamViewer.

I would recommend checking their power settings.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
4 Replies
Posted by AM2121
Henagon

Thank you so much for this advice/help Scotty. You are awesome. I will reach out to the other person and let her know. 

Have a great day!

Respectfully,

Andrew

Posted by ksfh88
Electron

@AM2121 wrote:

Thank you so much for this advice/help Scotty. You are awesome. I will reach out to the other person and let her know. 

Have a great day!

Respectfully,

Andrew

Hi did you get any solution?

Posted by Gurner863
Henagon

google

Posted by Wendye
Electron

@Scotty wrote:

Hi @AM2121

It sounds like the remote device is going to sleep.

When a Device goes to sleep, it suspends all software and disconnects from the Internet.
This would mean you cannot connect with TeamViewer.

I would recommend checking their power settings.

-Scotty

[The URL link has been deleted by a moderator]

Wahoo! it works! Thank you @AM2121 for your time and patience! I couldn't have gotten this going without your help. You man are a savior

Posted by matt92
Henagon

Maybe because the other person has shutdown or closed the connection that's why when you try to connect it remotely from other ends it won't work. I have also the same problem while filling an online [the URL link has been removed by a moderator] survey remotely from my windows 10 PC through Team Viewer. Then I realize he has shut down the connection. So can't able to Finish it. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt

Posted by yashsani49563
Electron

Hey thanks for the solution
Posted by andrewpiana
Photon

hey thanks prob solved.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________prepaid gift balance  dg customer first