Connecting to a device

I have 2 computers and 2 phones setup with TeamViewer easy connect. So I am able to connect without entering a code or password.

I am wanting to know if I can connect to one of these devices from a different computer that does not have team viewer installed.

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello jessi23410,

Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply.

Yes, you can connect to your remote PC from any other computer. All you need is the ID and the password.

ID and password.PNGI hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• can you tell me how my remote partner can check the password that is on their computer.    We wrote down the password this morning and now I am at home teamviewer is saying the password is not correct

• Thanks.

We managed to get this working.     I am not sure what we did to resolve our problem but for some reason the password for my partners computer is now completely different to the one I wrote down when I installed teamviewer 13.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @andrewjudd,

Thanks for your post. 

The random password renews after every restart of TeamViewer. 

Everybody who has access to the remote device has access to the settings of the unattended password in the options. So maybe, you protect the options with a password, if you don't want somebody else to make any changes regarding the personal password.

Hope this could help additionally. :) 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community