Connection not established authentication cancelled

jgt1942
jgt1942 Posts: 44 ✭✭

I was connected to my son's PC, forced a reboot. When I attempted to reconnect after it rebooted I get msg "authentication canceled". I tried to connect to my laptop and got the same message. I then rebooted my desktop (the system I'm using) and no matter what PC I try to connect I still get the message. 

Suggestions?????

BTW I found a similar post in the community, one suggested adding a key to the registry but that did not resolve my problem. 

Comments

• Their authentication server seems down, we have multiple people unable to connect at the moment. I logged a ticket with TeamViewer.
    Edwin van Ree
  • getting the same error.

status.teamviewer.com shows "all systems operational"

• Correct and that is totally wrong. From multiple locations we cannot connect any more. I also tried to call TV in Australia and their phone number is overloaded and not picked up. We need TV back!
    Edwin van Ree
  • So frustrating, busy with an upgrade at remote site and now I cannot connect!!!!!
  • I was changing port forwarding on the remote client network when I got the error. Talk about **bleep** timing. I thought for sure it was my edit on the router.

• jgt1942

It appears that the problem resulted ftom TeamViewer  servers. It is now working successfully.

• jgt1942

The problem resulted from a TeamViewer server issue. It is no longer a prolem

• @jgt1942 wrote:

I was connected to my son's PC, forced a reboot. When I attempted to reconnect after it rebooted I get msg "authentication canceled". I tried to connect to my laptop and got the same message. I then rebooted my desktop (the system I'm using) and no matter what PC I try to connect I still get the message. facetime on pc

Suggestions?????

BTW I found a similar post in the community, one suggested adding a key to the registry but that did not resolve my problem. 

Following this issue as we have it a lot as well.
    Would really like to see this solved as the purpose of teamviewer is to take over when needed. Now we need to ask our customers to restart the hosts which is not intended purpose.

• yes, you can connected