Announcements

TeamViewer 14.5 has been released. See the Change Logs here.

Highlighted
Posted by aaronthynne
Henagon

Connectivity through ZScaler issues

Hey all,

Has anyone had any success with connectivity via the ZScaler cloud web filter?  Am a new customer with them and am having issues.  

The behaviour of the Teamviewer application is to complain it doesn't have internet connectivity.

Even with "<wildcard>.teamview.com" whitelisted and SSL inspection bypassed we're still having issues. 

I've got a job logged with their support desk, but am covering my bases here too.

Has anyone seen this before and have any tips they can share? 

Cheers,

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by JAugugliaro
Digon

Re: Connectivity through ZScaler issues

Same issue here !

My TV14 HOST applications looses the ID when the PC disconnect and reconnect to the network. It only shows the IP for LAN access only.

The only way I found to get the ID back is to kill "Teamviewer_service.exe" and relaunch TV after the network reconnected.

Did your ticket at the support desk got an answer ?

Regards, Julien

Posted by aaronthynne
Henagon

Nope - diddly squat from anyone. They were useless.

For now (until there is a better solution) I've had a firewall change made to allow it to bypass ZScaler.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Which-ports-are-used-by-TeamViewer/ta-p/4139

I allowed TCP/UDP5938 to  *.teamviewer.com.

That works.  It seems that Teamviewer prefers to talk like that anyway so I'll probably leave it like that permanently.

Posted by JAugugliaro
Digon

Ok thank you, but it seems that I haven't the same problem finaly. 

It's ok for me on the LAN, I only have issues with mobility users that connect/disconnect to different networks. Their TV Host seems blocked on "LAN only" mode, saying it has no internet connection. Killing "Teamviewer_service.exe" is the only way to make it recognize it has internet.

Whatever, I have a ticket with the help desk... Will see :)

Thx, Julien